The Old Folks Home

"The current IOM recommendation for people ages 19 and older is around 131 ounces for men and 95 ounces for women. This refers to your overall fluid intake per day, including anything you eat or drink that contains water, like fruits or vegetables. "

200+ ounces if you are a woman? Man I would be wearing the floor out making bathroom trips all night. But I do drink at least 95 ounces a day if not more.

"The current IOM recommendation for people ages 19 and older is around 131 ounces for men and 95 ounces for women. This refers to your overall fluid intake per day, including anything you eat or drink that contains water, like fruits or vegetables. "

200+ ounces if you are a woman? Man I would be wearing the floor out making bathroom trips all night. But I do drink at least 95 ounces a day if not more.
I usually get up at least twice a night to go recycle the water...

I took my camera with out when we headed out to the timber this morning. The wild flowers are amazing this year. Plus I don't think we are getting our field harvested for hay this year so they have had time to shine so to speak.

This is Butterfly Weed although why they call it a week I don't know. I think it's my favorite and the camera doesn't do the fire hot orange and reds justice.
IMG_2685.JPG

This is wild petunia, which I had no idea even existed in a wild form but seeing is believing as they say. The plant looks just like a domestic petunia.
IMG_2687.JPG

This is where we have been working. So far we have harvested two dead standing trees here. There is a third in the background that we are going out to assess tomorrow.
IMG_2688.JPG

This is the main trail cutting east to west across the northern third of our property. I love to walk this area, especially when everything is green.
IMG_2689.JPG

This is our guardian White oak tree. This tree is amazing and we estimate probably germinated and grew while the west was being won as we have harvested dead trees this size that were over 130 years old. Somehow this grand old lady just keep plugging along. I hope she survives the oak blight that is around her.
IMG_2690.JPG

A close up of the Guardian Oak
IMG_2692.JPG

This is a sample of the wild flowers in the pasture. Red clover, black eyed Susans, and I'm not sure what the white flower is... I need to do research but the whole pasture looks like this.
IMG_2680.JPG

I took my camera with out when we headed out to the timber this morning. The wild flowers are amazing this year. Plus I don't think we are getting our field harvested for hay this year so they have had time to shine so to speak.

This is Butterfly Weed although why they call it a week I don't know. I think it's my favorite and the camera doesn't do the fire hot orange and reds justice.
View attachment 2227268
It's wonderful to go out with camera in hand since you never ever know what you might see. I'm constantly doing it myself. Today's pics are of Henri, as he got his toe splinted, he got his cuddles and then was off and going. First started with me asking questions in another section of the forums, then me sitting here wondering about it, and finally an idea popped into my head, so I headed out the door to get the water tubing, cut it to size, padded it, added the comfrey root drops to the padding, cut the strips of vet wrap I needed and headed back out the door to do the 'dirty deed'. Actually Henri was cool with all of it. He's such a big wuss. These are the memories we make and can look back on and chuckle.

For the one who lost her step father, my condolences. Lost my dad this year. Even at 93, I wasn't prepared, thought he would be around a while longer like his mother. Even at 68 I feel like an orphan. But I have my 'kids' to keep me busy, learning, and growing.

Back
Top Bottom