The Old Folks Home

It's wonderful to go out with camera in hand since you never ever know what you might see. I'm constantly doing it myself. Today's pics are of Henri, as he got his toe splinted, he got his cuddles and then was off and going. First started with me asking questions in another section of the forums, then me sitting here wondering about it, and finally an idea popped into my head, so I headed out the door to get the water tubing, cut it to size, padded it, added the comfrey root drops to the padding, cut the strips of vet wrap I needed and headed back out the door to do the 'dirty deed'. Actually Henri was cool with all of it. He's such a big wuss. These are the memories we make and can look back on and chuckle.

For the one who lost her step father, my condolences. Lost my dad this year. Even at 93, I wasn't prepared, thought he would be around a while longer like his mother. Even at 68 I feel like an orphan. But I have my 'kids' to keep me busy, learning, and growing.
Thanks, I sort of had a feeling that was what it was when his niece sent me a msg for hubby to call his Mom.

It's wonderful to go out with camera in hand since you never ever know what you might see. I'm constantly doing it myself. Today's pics are of Henri, as he got his toe splinted, he got his cuddles and then was off and going. First started with me asking questions in another section of the forums, then me sitting here wondering about it, and finally an idea popped into my head, so I headed out the door to get the water tubing, cut it to size, padded it, added the comfrey root drops to the padding, cut the strips of vet wrap I needed and headed back out the door to do the 'dirty deed'. Actually Henri was cool with all of it. He's such a big wuss. These are the memories we make and can look back on and chuckle.

For the one who lost her step father, my condolences. Lost my dad this year. Even at 93, I wasn't prepared, thought he would be around a while longer like his mother. Even at 68 I feel like an orphan. But I have my 'kids' to keep me busy, learning, and growing.

Late but welcome to the Old Folks home sorry about you loss
Ma passed 3 years ago now still miss her

@CapricornFarm I am so sorry

I am having a tough time fighting ants in my pots here.
I had them in my Satsuma and they kept bring in aphids. I got rid of the aphids and they brought in scale. I used sevin dust. Did not bother them. So I bought a drench. That worked!
Now they are in my zinnias and harvesting the seeds! I save my seeds for the next year!
I don't want to use the drench on them. I'm scared it will kill the bee's and butterflies.
Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?
your chickens? We used to have lots of meadow ants, before I got chickens. Now we have almost none :D Of course, we've lost a fair few border and pot plants too; my poor gazanias and carnations get nibbled constantly, but maybe you could rotate chicken patrols just to where the ants are, until they're gone?

Back
Top Bottom