The Old Folks Home

Morning, Sour. Morning Old Folk.

It got down to 53 degrees here last night. Makes us suspect that fall and winter are going to be shall we say, interesting?

I keep remembering the lyrics of an old Neil Diamond song that goes, Hot August night and the leaves hanging down and the grass on the ground smelling sweet....

Not hot August nights here. Not yet.

All of you in the path of the hurricane please be careful.

"Bro Brother Love's, hey, Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show... Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies and everyone goes 'cuz everyone knows Brother's Love's show. Hallelujah...Brother!" Thanks for the ear worm, microchick.

We have a dearth of good Chinese food here. (Well, ABQ is the southwest, after all.) Two ptomaine palaces nearby (closed for Covid, luckily) and our favorite place with decent food moved across the valley. DH cannot do Thai food as he has a shellfish allergy and anything with a red sauce probably contains shrimp powder. Haven't had Mongolian BBQ in ages, but I like it with lamb and spinach. We do have a wonderful pho place, though.

New Mexico has The Blue Hole in Santa Rosa which claims a couple of drownings each year.
My condolences to your family, Ron. That's tragic and heart-wrenching, especially when a child passes.

"Bro Brother Love's, hey, Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show... Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies and everyone goes 'cuz everyone knows Brother's Love's show. Hallelujah...Brother!" Thanks for the ear worm, microchick.

We have a dearth of good Chinese food here. (Well, ABQ is the southwest, after all.) Two ptomaine palaces nearby (closed for Covid, luckily) and our favorite place with decent food moved across the valley. DH cannot do Thai food as he has a shellfish allergy and anything with a red sauce probably contains shrimp powder. Haven't had Mongolian BBQ in ages, but I like it with lamb and spinach. We do have a wonderful pho place, though.

New Mexico has The Blue Hole in Santa Rosa which claims a couple of drownings each year.
My condolences to your family, Ron. That's tragic and heart-wrenching, especially when a child passes.
We have lots of Mexican and Asian foods but not much Italian

Last edited:
Morning, Sour. Morning Old Folk.

It got down to 53 degrees here last night. Makes us suspect that fall and winter are going to be shall we say, interesting?

I keep remembering the lyrics of an old Neil Diamond song that goes, Hot August night and the leaves hanging down and the grass on the ground smelling sweet....

Not hot August nights here. Not yet.

All of you in the path of the hurricane please be careful.
I love Neil Diamond!

I have been craving Thai food, have not found a good restaurant around here.
Oh! We have a good one up by the grocery store. Got takeout from there last Thursday. Owned and run by real Thai people :D

A Nepalese/Indian place just opened up a couple of weeks ago. I first saw the sign as they were getting it ready 3 months ago, heck of a time to open a restaurant. There is one down in Essex Jct but if the food at this one is good it is 5 miles instead of 25.

Mongolian stir fry? I'm not that brave.
I wouldn't want to eat a stir fried Mongolian either!

We have lots of Italian and Asian foods but not much Italian
Um Ron, too much coffee? Not enough coffee?

Back
Top Bottom