The Old Folks Home

Oh! We have a good one up by the grocery store. Got takeout from there last Thursday. Owned and run by real Thai people :D

A Nepalese/Indian place just opened up a couple of weeks ago. I first saw the sign as they were getting it ready 3 months ago, heck of a time to open a restaurant. There is one down in Essex Jct but if the food at this one is good it is 5 miles instead of 25.

I wouldn't want to eat a stir fried Mongolian either!

Um Ron, too much coffee? Not enough coffee?
I fixed the post! Lots of Mexican and Asian restaurants

107F here today, 11% humidity. We actually did have a wee bit o' rain yesterday, all at once. It was over in about 15 seconds. :lol:

Anyone else love Indian food? It's been my favorite ever since seeing the Beatles movie, Help! (VHS rental, back in college). Some scenes take place in an Indian restaurant and I had never had Indian food before, so after watching the movie my friends and I went to a local Indian restaurant and omg - I was hooked for life! 😲 😍😍😍

107F here today, 11% humidity. We actually did have a wee bit o' rain yesterday, all at once. It was over in about 15 seconds. :lol:

Anyone else love Indian food? It's been my favorite ever since seeing the Beatles movie, Help! (VHS rental, back in college). Some scenes take place in an Indian restaurant and I had never had Indian food before, so after watching the movie my friends and I went to a local Indian restaurant and omg - I was hooked for life! 😲 😍😍😍
I make chicken tikka masala and butter chicken quite often. I love it!

There is a fairly good Indian restaurant in Davis, which is about 15 miles south of us

We are basic meat and taters kind of people. I think it's from being born and raised in the midwest. Steaks, fried chicken, hamburgers, casseroles, etc. That doesn't mean we don't like the occasional spaghetti, tortellini, fare because we do.

I was raised on a lot of ethnic German food as my dad was German/Pennsylvania Dutch. Lots of sour Kraut, Ham Hocks, (mom was southern) Sour cream chocolate cake, Sweet summer sausage, rivvel soup, the list goes on. I still make rivvel soup when I'm not feeling well. It's the ultimate comfort food for me. But basic fare here eat to live not live to eat sort of food.

We are basic meat and taters kind of people. I think it's from being born and raised in the midwest. Steaks, fried chicken, hamburgers, casseroles, etc. That doesn't mean we don't like the occasional spaghetti, tortellini, fare because we do.

I was raised on a lot of ethnic German food as my dad was German/Pennsylvania Dutch. Lots of sour Kraut, Ham Hocks, (mom was southern) Sour cream chocolate cake, Sweet summer sausage, rivvel soup, the list goes on. I still make rivvel soup when I'm not feeling well. It's the ultimate comfort food for me. But basic fare here eat to live not live to eat sort of food.
That kind of food is very tasty and healthy!

Back
Top Bottom