The Old Folks Home

@CapricornFarm did your hubby get the nut off the lawnmower blade? If not what kind is it. Could be a left hand thread.

Just got home from making the food run. Nothing more important than ice cream and dog/chicken food. I have decided we can get through any crisis as long as we have ice cream on hand and the dogs, cats and chickens need to eat as well.

I was so glad to get home and get the masks and hot 'going to town' clothes off. I think I was actually starting to feel hypoxic by the time I got home. I have to admit that I'm getting pretty adept at buying a months worth of perishables for us but lordie lordie am I the only person noticing the price of food going up? Some things 40 cents in a month's time.
Things are a bit more expensive! I am happy to be able to get what I need though

I stopped in my favorite grocery store this morning, and I was stunned - they had no ice cream AT ALL. One whole aisle worth of freezers, empty. Throughout the store, freezers, and some of the coolers, the same. After Hurricane Fran ('96), this particular store chain had installed backup generators at all of their stores, but I guess the powers that be decided that maintaining the things was just too expensive. We certainly weren't the only ones who lost power in Isaias; just thinking about the amount of food the stores must have lost makes me cringe.
That is very sad!

I hope things get back to normal soon and that the Hurricanes stay away

I hear ya, DD! I'm sure the young man who brought my groceries out to the van thought I was demented when I said, forget the meat, put the ice cream in the coolers! :lau We have 4 gallons on hand right now.

I just got my get out of jail pass from my doctor. Good for 3 months before I have to jump through hoops again. God I LOVE doing that over the phone!

He said somebody died in the county north of Kirksville and they had a big funeral that everybody went to...even from surrounding counties. Now, guess what is flaring? I told him people are silly. He agreed. I love it when my doc and I think alike! :gig
Sturgess is happening! Oh My!

It would seem that it's not just about having a having a heavy layer of limestone that depletes. Interesting.
Isn't there often a water table component? People draw down the water faster than it can recover and the "solid" layer above collapsed into it?

It's awesome! The detail is amazing.
I'm glad it is all working now! Given I only read forums, watch YouTube videos and similar things, I don't think I'd notice.

My friend says she is coming too.
Is she going to remember the proper day and time?

Nothing more important than ice cream
Must be, we have 12 pints in the freezer, all different flavors.
Sister-in-law is visiting.

I told him people are silly.
I would use a word that starts with "s" but the next letter wouldn't be "i".

LIGHT ICE CREAM KELSEY
LIGHT ice cream? That is like LIGHT beer! Why bother?

Isn't there often a water table component? People draw down the water faster than it can recover and the "solid" layer above collapsed into it?

I'm glad it is all working now! Given I only read forums, watch YouTube videos and similar things, I don't think I'd notice.

Is she going to remember the proper day and time?

Must be, we have 12 pints in the freezer, all different flavors.
Sister-in-law is visiting.

I would use a word that starts with "s" but the next letter wouldn't be "i".

LIGHT ice cream? That is like LIGHT beer! Why bother?
I’ve tried the light carp before and it was so gross!! It tasted like water 😂🤣

Back
Top Bottom