The Old Folks Home

Perris, if it comes from clean, healthy cows, raw milk is much healthier than processed milk. The pasteurization process removes some of the nutrients, and enzymes. Removing the cream, and diluting it, removes even more of the nutritional value too. Without pasteurizing it, raw milk can pose serious health issues. It's all about knowing the cows are healthy. I would not risk running out, and buying raw milk, without knowing the source is healthy cows. BTW, there is a significant difference in taste between the two.

Well I am giving them meds, vitamins and protein, three times a day. They have a heat plate and all the windows are closed.
I am getting way too attached to them and starting to be able to tell them apart. Next thing I will be giving them names. I put on zip ties to be sure they are all getting their share.
Yes, bone density is very much determined by inheritance. Just as much as diet and supplements. If it were me, I would want to get at least one foot fixed to see how much it helps. Could make a big difference in the quality of life. Have you ever watched that show, "My feet are killing me."?

No, I haven't seen that program. Problem is that I don't know how long the fix would last due to the ongoing inflammation I have in my joints. That plus one podiatrist told me that on top of the inflammation, just about all of my bones in my feet are curved. They would have to start at the ankles and work their way down to my toes. I shudder to think of how long I would be laid up.

One thing I do think I am headed for are RX shoe inserts. I worked with a nurse who had plantar fasciitis. When she told me the price tag attached to them my jaw dropped but if it helped my feet I would definitely bite the bullet and go there.

Morning everyone. Sitting here listening to my DH net control a Saturday Morning Net on 2 meters, then off and running as we have lot to do and rain moving in tomorrow.

Raw milk is making a comeback here. It's not readily available, and supply is erratic at the best of times, but some people prefer the taste and texture.
We can buy raw milk here but it has to be sold and bought as 'pet food' by the health department rules and regulations. Silly IMHO as I love the taste of raw milk. Plus there is the extra of skimming the cream off the top and making butter that tastes better than anything you can buy from the store.

No, I haven't seen that program. Problem is that I don't know how long the fix would last due to the ongoing inflammation I have in my joints. That plus one podiatrist told me that on top of the inflammation, just about all of my bones in my feet are curved. They would have to start at the ankles and work their way down to my toes. I shudder to think of how long I would be laid up.

One thing I do think I am headed for are RX shoe inserts. I worked with a nurse who had plantar fasciitis. When she told me the price tag attached to them my jaw dropped but if it helped my feet I would definitely bite the bullet and go there.

Morning everyone. Sitting here listening to my DH net control a Saturday Morning Net on 2 meters, then off and running as we have lot to do and rain moving in tomorrow.
I hope you have a productive day!

Regs are tough for obtaining raw milk. Here you need to buy a cow share to skirt the legalities.

When I do consume dairy milk, I prefer goat milk. When I had pygmy goats, their milk was like half-and-half, it was so rich and creamy. I wonder if, like cows, the smaller you get the more butterfat?
There are two Dairies that sell raw cows milk in California. It sells out quickly at the Davis Co op when it comes in

What we did today.....

IMG_2738.JPG

We called it a day at 4pm. The small rectangle will be a window on hinges with a hardware cloth screen behind it that I can open in the summer plus there will be two vents on either side of the window. The door will be on the far left. This poor old shed has been through so much. Every time we thing it's a gonner we slap another pile of metal on it and hope it will last a few more years. Next spring it will get a metal roof...if it survives the winter, lol. This is the shed that we tore the north wall off of in order to get a shower stall out of it. I have the movie of DH tearing off the front wall. He was letting his hair and beard grow out at the time and little kids kept calling him Santa so he cut it all off.
I call it his Duck Dynasty phase.

This was the early spring after we bought the property. You can see the shower stall in the pic and our old corral which turned out to be solid white oak boards that we had milled down into lumber to trim out doors and windows.

You can see the north wall of my original coop and the bachelor run is to the right. I am hoping this will be my bachelor coop over the winter months saving me having to be outside to feed and water, and in the summer I'll convert it to a broody room.

I wouldn't have been able to do this without my dear husband's help. :love Tomorrow we will get the window hung along with the door, finish the framing and hopefully get the metal on the wall before we get the rain they are calling for.

All I have to do is get the pop door installed, roosts up and it's good to go.

What we did today.....

View attachment 2349762

We called it a day at 4pm. The small rectangle will be a window on hinges with a hardware cloth screen behind it that I can open in the summer plus there will be two vents on either side of the window. The door will be on the far left. This poor old shed has been through so much. Every time we thing it's a gonner we slap another pile of metal on it and hope it will last a few more years. Next spring it will get a metal roof...if it survives the winter, lol. This is the shed that we tore the north wall off of in order to get a shower stall out of it. I have the movie of DH tearing off the front wall. He was letting his hair and beard grow out at the time and little kids kept calling him Santa so he cut it all off.
I call it his Duck Dynasty phase.

This was the early spring after we bought the property. You can see the shower stall in the pic and our old corral which turned out to be solid white oak boards that we had milled down into lumber to trim out doors and windows.

You can see the north wall of my original coop and the bachelor run is to the right. I am hoping this will be my bachelor coop over the winter months saving me having to be outside to feed and water, and in the summer I'll convert it to a broody room.

I wouldn't have been able to do this without my dear husband's help. :love Tomorrow we will get the window hung along with the door, finish the framing and hopefully get the metal on the wall before we get the rain they are calling for.

All I have to do is get the pop door installed, roosts up and it's good to go.
Oh WOW, it's coming along nicely! congrats.

Back
Top Bottom