The Old Folks Home

Would things be better under medicare?

It seems like quite a lot of money for an indoor scooter
Yes, things would be better under medicare, but I'm not old enough to get medicare, yet. That's why I was dealing with my private insurance. My insurance is fantastic as far as anything medical goes, but not so good when it comes to medical equipment.

ron - Report in tomorrow how your shingles arm feels. Mine was an ache that just didn't go away for days.

Got my flu shot this year at Albertson's Grocery's pharmacy dept. Last year went to the County Health Clinic's walk-in free shot day.

Saturday and Sunday I was in shorts harvesting the last of the veggie compound before our first snow of the season hit. Snowing started yesterday afternoon and is supposed to go to Wednesday noon. This is my driveway this morning, about a foot deep. The driveway actually goes between the two cedar berms. Nope. Not planning on going anywhere for a bit and that's fine by me!

IMG_2421.JPG

Yes, things would be better under medicare, but I'm not old enough to get medicare, yet. That's why I was dealing with my private insurance. My insurance is fantastic as far as anything medical goes, but not so good when it comes to medical equipment.
I have to wait a bit longer than 4 years until medicare age. It will then be a combination of Insurance from UC and Medicare. Hopefully it will be as good as I have now.

ron - Report in tomorrow how your shingles arm feels. Mine was an ache that just didn't go away for days.

Got my flu shot this year at Albertson's Grocery's pharmacy dept. Last year went to the County Health Clinic's walk-in free shot day.

Saturday and Sunday I was in shorts harvesting the last of the veggie compound before our first snow of the season hit. Snowing started yesterday afternoon and is supposed to go to Wednesday noon. This is my driveway this morning, about a foot deep. The driveway actually goes between the two cedar berms. Nope. Not planning on going anywhere for a bit and that's fine by me!

View attachment 2389346
I will!

The arm is a bit sore now

Tonight, we feasted. Zataraine's crab boil in a huge pot, then added crab legs. Had to do 2 big batches. Garlic butter for dipping. Baked potatoes, and corn made the meal complete. The kids have now learned the method on how to get the meat out of their crab legs. There's still quite a bit left. It will be gone before morning.

It's not what we had planned, but Dd #1 went into one of the freezers, and it was refrigerator cold but not freezing cold. We managed to get all the stuff from it, into the other 2 freezers. The crabs were not entirely thawed, but enough they should not have been put back in the freezer. They went on the supper menu. Dang glad they did.

Tonight, we feasted. Zataraine's crab boil in a huge pot, then added crab legs. Had to do 2 big batches. Garlic butter for dipping. Baked potatoes, and corn made the meal complete. The kids have now learned the method on how to get the meat out of their crab legs. There's still quite a bit left. It will be gone before morning.

It's not what we had planned, but Dd #1 went into one of the freezers, and it was refrigerator cold but not freezing cold. We managed to get all the stuff from it, into the other 2 freezers. The crabs were not entirely thawed, but enough they should not have been put back in the freezer. They went on the supper menu. Dang glad they did.
That sounds very tasty!

Ron, are you a candidate for knee replacement surgery? If so, seriously consider it. I know quite a few people that have had it done. The most frequent comment I hear is, "No more pain, and my knee is better than before. I should not have waited so long to have it done."
That is what I have heard too.

As surgeries go, it sounds like a good one.

So... what is the deal with the freezer? Busted?

We had a lovely day, but the internet was out all day here. Right after I was supposed to have a televisit with the Dr. for my sinus infection and ear infection. They said I need to get a Covid test before I can get meds for my ear. What a pain in my butt. 45 minute to 1 hour drive one way. I have been having these infections for going on 5 years now. Nope, it could be Covid. Sigh.

Back
Top Bottom