The Old Folks Home

Do you think wearing nitrile gloves and then a kevlar glove over that would help?

As we get older, our immune system begins not working quite as well. It might now just be turkeys but a combination of things
Thanks Ron. I give you a big thumbs up but with a different diget..
:lau:gig

(I'm wearing gloves next time)

Welcome to the home, @fuentemoon There is always an empty rocking chair here for newcomers of all ages!

@CapricornFarm and @penny1960 Trust me, it took me weeks and I had to build up a lot of nerve before I tried it the first time. Is it unpleasant? Well, yeah, I say that it's where they got the idea for waterboarding but in all honesty, after you do it for awhile it isn't so bad. The important thing is to have the water warm and have the right solution of salt and baking soda. I read recently that ENT doctors were recommending the baby shampoo addition to help clear the sinuses of corona viruses. I tried a couple of drops which is what they recommended. It didn't burn. I exhaled a few bubbles through my nose but no pain. :gig

It stops post nasal drip in its tracks for me.

I've heard 50 miles, not true. I've been through this many times and have been successful many times. You can drive 50 miles or drive a thousand. All has to do with what resets the modules for what vehicle. So many miles at certain speeds, rpms, stops, idling, ... it varies, no set mileage.
Pretty funny when oldest DD was looking for a vehicle we ended up in PA, less rust there. Vehicle she was looking at looked pretty good. We had to wait for a couple people ahead of us, then us, dealer says NY or PA. NY. Well then we have a problem then he says, engine lights are on all our vehicles we don't have to deal with that here but we can't have a drop of rust....
Makes a lot of sense... we can have tons of rust but engine light kills a vehicle..
What did you think helped most then? He seemed to think highway miles- what would you say is better to do, some stop and go and hit a few bumps or is just totally unpredictable? We took it to the mechanic last evening. He said he will give us a receipt for partial inspection so it's believable to the police that this actually happened. Not a go free card but at least an attempt. With our luck it has to happen right when inspection was due.
It's a1999 astro and we got it 2 years ago from a dealer, originally from Comcast at very low mileage (from phila.) We suspect they used the air conditioner alot- maybe just sitting in it. I also wonder if somewhat turned around at the mileage. Right after we got it the turning signals wouldn't work. Next the air conditioner went, next the heater. It stalled for me on the high way for an electrical problem -both brakes and accelerator failed & I kept right on rolling. It stalled for me again on the high way...alternator went. We put so much money on it we don't just want to send it to the dump

Last edited:
What did you think helped most then? He seemed to think highway miles- what would you say is better to do, some stop and go and hit a few bumps or is just totally unpredictable? We took it to the mechanic last evening. He said he will give us a receipt for partial inspection so it's believable to the police that this actually happened. Not a go free card but at least an attempt. With our luck it has to happen right when inspection was due.
It's a1999 astro and we got it 2 years ago from a dealer, originally from Comcast at very low mileage (from phila.) We suspect they used the air conditioner alot- maybe just sitting in it. I also wonder if somewhat turned around at the mileage. Right after we got it the turning signals wouldn't work. Next the air conditioner went, next the heater. It stalled for me on the high way for an electrical problem -both brakes and accelerator failed & I kept right on rolling. It stalled for me again on the high way...alternator went. We put so much money on it we don't just want to send it to the dump
Right now we want to see if it's worth the inspection costs etc. Just to sell it... Or perhaps we will pull it on our lot and use it for storage.

Good morning, OF. It's going to be a lazy indoor sort of day.

Good evening! I took an unintended vacation from BYC, and just as randomly found myself back again yesterday. So I am just wandering around and looking for good threads. Read this weeks posts. Wishing everyone health and happy birds.

Welcome back to BYC and to the OF Home.

Back
Top Bottom