The Old Folks Home

I finally cracked.... after 2 years now?

Someone will show up today to fix the water heater.

Our water heater works... as long as one person hits the button, repeatedly, the entire time you want hot water.
It is time for sure!

We have a propane on-demand H2O heater. It is efficient only for big constant water users like taking a shower. For short on/off cycling, not efficient at all. I wonder how much hot water the HE washing machine or the dishwasher ever get.

$350,000.00 per 5 acres, on blank land. He's out of his mind.
What, you think $70K/acre :th is too high?

We won't get past 60 here if we get that high
We won't get to 60° tomorrow if we add the low and high together!

Took our Expedition off the road because of check engine light
CEL really needs to be renamed. It isn't related to the engine per se but the emissions system. And if you fix whatever is causing the light to come on you need a number of restarts to clear the code that is causing it.

He also has a new trick. He has learned how to open the door. It's a door knob. We have no idea how he is doing it.
:eek: You are in REAL trouble now!

Doctors won't see anyone with symptoms above the waist.
So go in walking on your hands, no symptoms between waist and feet, right?

I'm debating whether or not to get a flu shot.
I got mine at the Hannaford pharmacy when I went grocery shopping.

ron - Report in tomorrow how your shingles arm feels. Mine was an ache that just didn't go away for days.
My arm after the first one hurt like the dickens for days. The second one (4 months later due to Covid) hardly hurt at all.

It took me so long to get up the nerve to use a neti pot, but boy did it help when I finally did!
DW bought one at least 10 years ago, I have no idea where it is now but it is still brand new.

Instead it was a faulty battery and wiped out the mileage. Now they can't inspect it. It has to be driven until the mileage indicator starts working again.

What did you think helped most then? He seemed to think highway miles- what would you say is better to do, some stop and go and hit a few bumps or is just totally unpredictable?
I believe it has to do with number of starts plus driving to clear the codes. I suspect you could drive coast to coast and it won't reset (other than you have to turn it off to gas up every so often).

We put so much money on it we don't just want to send it to the dump
Good money after bad eventually.

Yes a heat pump one, I assume 220, but not sure. It is wired into the house though...
The 220V is for electric resistance heat if the demand is more than the heat pump can manage.

I finally cracked.... after 2 years now?

Someone will show up today to fix the water heater.

Our water heater works... as long as one person hits the button, repeatedly, the entire time you want hot water.
Careful there Al, you are getting awfully soft in your old age. You might even start allowing the heat to come on in the house!

We have a propane on-demand H2O heater. It is efficient only for big constant water users like taking a shower. For short on/off cycling, not efficient at all. I wonder how much hot water the HE washing machine or the dishwasher ever get.

What, you think $70K/acre :th is too high?

We won't get to 60° tomorrow if we add the low and high together!

CEL really needs to be renamed. It isn't related to the engine per se but the emissions system. And if you fix whatever is causing the light to come on you need a number of restarts to clear the code that is causing it.

:eek: You are in REAL trouble now!

So go in walking on your hands, no symptoms between waist and feet, right?

I got mine at the Hannaford pharmacy when I went grocery shopping.

My arm after the first one hurt like the dickens for days. The second one (4 months later due to Covid) hardly hurt at all.

DW bought one at least 10 years ago, I have no idea where it is now but it is still brand new.

I believe it has to do with number of starts plus driving to clear the codes. I suspect you could drive coast to coast and it won't reset (other than you have to turn it off to gas up every so often).

Good money after bad eventually.

The 220V is for electric resistance heat if the demand is more than the heat pump can manage.

Careful there Al, you are getting awfully soft in your old age. You might even start allowing the heat to come on in the house!
Bruce, if you can walk on your hands....I will stand on my head. I want video! :yesss:

I didn't say *I* could walk on my hands, I said *you* could!
In your dreams! I was athletic in some ways, with some sports, but was never able to walk on my hands or climb a rope. Could climb a pole though. :bun played softball , tennis, field hockey, basketball, archery, track, and volleyball on the high school teams.

Well, miracles do happen. DH took Diesel to the vets today for his vaccinations. I held my breath. The last trip there he terrorized the place (at 8 months of age no less) and everyone there. Today he was on perfect behavior. Not a peep out of line.

To think he's the same dog that last summer we were ready to give up on. I guess it's true that the troubled dog is the one you need the most because he has come so far. Yes, it's been hard work on our part and at times I'm not sure who is training whom but something positive has come out of the hours of walking and endless commands of Sit! Walk! No Sniffing! Heel! over and over again has evidently done some good....I mean we have it down pat!;)

Meanwhile, Diesel is still closing the door and demanding extra walks and yes, still opening the door also.

Add to the confusion, his Big Sister, Sidney has learned to close the door also by watching him. Sure makes getting two dogs corralled for workouts easier but I'm seeing a rather frightening trend here.

Back
Top Bottom