The Old Folks Home

Sour, if you don't mind telling it - does Medicare pay for the covid shot? Do you have to come back for a second one.?

My pharmacist first said they would have the shot in January. NOW he sez April. I guess my end of the planet hopes the oldies will die off first. NO! the new season of "Stranger Things," doesn't air till Valentine's Day.

Sour, if you don't mind telling it - does Medicare pay for the covid shot? Do you have to come back for a second one.?

I'm not certain if the state or the fed govnmt. is paying ? No insurance information was taken. 2nd shot for the Moderna vaccine in roughly 4 weeks. We go back on 2/16. Hopefully there will be vaccine available. The Pfizer vaccine requires a second shot in 3 weeks. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is supposed to be a one shot deal it/when it is approved.

I always free feed, so they get to eat as much as they want.
I always free feed. Got to give them enough so they can spoil it and or take dust baths in it. Little feathered ingrates. Feed store keeps trying to sell me crumbles and I keep telling them that it is expensive dust bath material for them.

Welcome all you old newcomers no matter what your age be. Young at heart old of body? Sure lots of us like that here also not so old and still kickin types also. All are welcome.

Well, let's see. Thursday it was in the 50s here so DH and I went out with the tractor and raised our 48 foot mast antenna that was knocked down by the winds of last month. We were waiting for a nice day so I told him, hey, I'm workin on a steroid buzz, the weather is nice, let's getterdun. And so we did. Had to do some tuning on it yesterday....too much antenna feed line, blah blah blah....had to drop it again then haul the bloody thing back into the air. But it's done and operational. I told dh that if it wasn't tuning properly I was going to take the hand grinder out and cut the so and so down like a tree. Luckily, it tuned.

Today is 20 degrees colder so we went down to the pond to cut out some volunteer willows that have been trying to take over. Got about half done. It's amazing how after you clear out an area, nature tries to take it back away from you.

I figure I have about three more days before the steroids start to wear off so I'm trying to get as much done as I can.

All you quilting ladies will appreciate this. I had to tear a months worth of work out of the strip I was working on. Got 2/3rds done with it and discovered that something was off. Took it apart...my tears are staining the material....laid it back out and discovered that one square is off true which threw the whole second half of the strip off and had it going crooked. Spent this afternoon finding the problem and repining it. I'm going to have to take out the square and I think I can hand sew it back in. Amazing how a half to 3/4s of an inch error can throw off the whole thing.

I wish we could get ahold of an address for Deb. Being on hospice is tough. She needs to know that we miss her we are here to support her along her journey and we love her. She is an amazing woman.

Too many times cutting into a cancer will spread it like wildfire. I hate that this has happened to her. She doesn't deserve it.

RE: the shot. I'm waiting to talk to my doc before committing. They say if you have severe reactions to vaccines don't do it. I had a severe reaction to Prevnar and DH had reactions to flu shots so while we are willing to take the shot, we don't want to wind up in the hospital either.

I did talk to my doctor's nurse last week and asked her how they did with the two part vaccine. She said very well. The worst side effect any of them had was a severe headache that went away in a day or two.

I've read that people over 65 are eligible now to get the shot in our county but they are having problems securing the serum in Missouri.

Great.

I wonder if somebody is selling it on Craigs List. Just joking but with some you never know.

RE: the shot. I'm waiting to talk to my doc before committing. They say if you have severe reactions to vaccines don't do it. I had a severe reaction to Prevnar and DH had reactions to flu shots so while we are willing to take the shot, we don't want to wind up in the hospital either.

I did talk to my doctor's nurse last week and asked her how they did with the two part vaccine. She said very well. The worst side effect any of them had was a severe headache that went away in a day or two.

I've read that people over 65 are eligible now to get the shot in our county but they are having problems securing the serum in Missouri.

Great.

I wonder if somebody is selling it on Craigs List. Just joking but with some you never know.
I understand where you are coming from! I had so many ER visits from reactions to meds (not allergies) and every time the Dr reassured me it's very safe. I keep listening to what other people's reactions are. My husband wants it and I got him an appointment but he's looking at surgery to drain an abscess plus biopsy. Pending biopsy reports... He is living on God's good grace so maybe getting the shot sooner rather then later is better before things get to involved and they say he can't get it. Especially if he ends up with a lengthy hospital stay. We will find out His plan...

Still worth trying in our book .. The Goverment now has said free vaccines to all

The caveat being 'if and when it is available'. We registered in 3 places. Approved by the state but told 'No vaccine available at the present time.' No reply from the county. Managed to get vaccinated through our health care provider.

Good morning, OF. Stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom