The Old Folks Home

Good morning, all.

That's a likely story.

and the common cold. We've been masking and social distancing for more than a year now , and have not had a cold in that period of time.
Us either Sour.

Do any of you remember anyone telling you that you needed to wear a mask afterwards with the polio vaccine or with the influenza vaccine, or with your annual booster shots when you were a kid? Ummmm no. We didn't do that.

Where is the 95% effectiveness if you are having to wear a mask after you get the vaccine? Yes I know it takes weeks to build up immunity after getting a vaccine. It doesn't happen immediately. But they aren't saying that we can toss away our masks X number of days or weeks after taking the vaccine. We have to go on wearing them indefinitely.

So what's their point?

@microchick no masking back in the Polio days, but my mother had a strong sense of animal husbandry/health and much to my chagrin then she subjected the family to social distancing. As far as the masking post vaccination apparently the vaccines may not prevent infection but prevent severe symptoms, ie, you may contract the virus, be capable of spreading it, but symptoms will be minimal.

Yeah, I haven't heard anyone cough or sneeze in a year.
It used to be you would cough to cover up a fart. Now, with COVID-19, you fart to cover up a cough.

Early in the pandemic I was at the Amish market and felt a sneeze coming on. I raced to the men's room and just as I entered let loose a monster sneeze. Some guy at the urinal spun around, invoked JC, peed on himself and rushed out the door. :lau

That makes sense, Sour.

So in reality the vaccine isn't 95% efficient. It's like the vaccine for Marek's disease. It prevents the severe symptoms but the virus is still there.

Do you think people understand this when they take the vaccine? Not the connection to the Marek's vac. but with the fact that it isn't 100% effective in protecting people? Everything I'm hearing on the news and reading says that people are being told that it takes 3 weeks to build up immunity after you get the vaccine. But then it says to keep wearing a mask, blah blah blah. This isn't coming from social media either but main line medical sites. The news? Well, no control over what is real and what isn't there.

You pay your money and you take your chances on what is real and what isn't

Last edited:
The numbers are dropping here too, @getaclue. I seriously don't think it's happening due to a high number of vaccinations happening. The numbers don't say that and don't add up.

All I will say is that it is curious and does make me wonder. At the risk of stirring up a big pile of stink, I won't elaborate any further other than to say I agree with you.

Perchie's passing makes me realize the importance of living each day to it's fullest. You just never know. I remember watching some tv program. May have been Dead Like Me and the narrator said that we are all stamped with an expiration date and none of know when that date is.

I'm in no big hurry to get my Covid vaccine. In 17 days I see my Rheumy's PA and plan to have a talk with her about whether or not it is safe for me to take it. DH is wondering the same thing about himself. In all truthfulness we have both had adverse reactions to vaccines before so we are both a little on the chicken side of leary.
I hope you can get it. My husband and I both got the first one last month. Going on the 15th to get the second. Hope we don't get too sick from that one. Here we are making history. Us little pioneers.
20210215_094432.jpg
20210215_094522.jpg

Back
Top Bottom