The Old Folks Home

Good morning, all.

That's a likely story.

and the common cold. We've been masking and social distancing for more than a year now , and have not had a cold in that period of time.
I've been sick a few times. :(. Our grandson goes to daycare. I got the first cold he got. He's been sick more, but I haven't gotten it from him again. He's building up those immunities for sure. 😳.

A
Us either Sour.

Do any of you remember anyone telling you that you needed to wear a mask afterwards with the polio vaccine or with the influenza vaccine, or with your annual booster shots when you were a kid? Ummmm no. We didn't do that.

Where is the 95% effectiveness if you are having to wear a mask after you get the vaccine? Yes I know it takes weeks to build up immunity after getting a vaccine. It doesn't happen immediately. But they aren't saying that we can toss away our masks X number of days or weeks after taking the vaccine. We have to go on wearing them indefinitely.

So what's their point?
Actually, there are states lifting the mask requirement right now. Our state will on the first of April. I also don't want to stir the pot either..but to each his own...I'm one that believes masks work. 😊

Last edited:
The amazing thing about Covid is it miraculously wiped out the flu and pneumonia this past year.
Wearing masks, washing hands and social distancing lowered the flu this year.

Where I work, we were required to get a flu shot too so likely more were vaccinated too.

Don't worry, influenza will likely be back strong next year as we stop our PPE habits

Us either Sour.

Do any of you remember anyone telling you that you needed to wear a mask afterwards with the polio vaccine or with the influenza vaccine, or with your annual booster shots when you were a kid? Ummmm no. We didn't do that.

Where is the 95% effectiveness if you are having to wear a mask after you get the vaccine? Yes I know it takes weeks to build up immunity after getting a vaccine. It doesn't happen immediately. But they aren't saying that we can toss away our masks X number of days or weeks after taking the vaccine. We have to go on wearing them indefinitely.

So what's their point?
Maybe they are worried about a new strain?

I hope you can get it. My husband and I both got the first one last month. Going on the 15th to get the second. Hope we don't get too sick from that one. Here we are making history. Us little pioneers. View attachment 2559514View attachment 2559513
:bow

I hope you and DH fly through the second shot without any bad side effects.

The last time I talked to my doctor's nurse she said the worse any of them had was a bad headache. That's positive. I can't figure out why you hear of some people having severe reactions to the second shot and others don't. Perhaps a difference in vaccines?

I'm hoping that when DH and I get around to getting it they will have the single dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine available.

I'd rather have my arm fee like it's going to fall off once other than twice.:gig

What I'd like to hear more than that is them say that the FDH has approved the vaccine for general use and not for emergency use!

Blooie is MIA? Oh man, didn't need to hear that.

:bow

I hope you and DH fly through the second shot without any bad side effects.

The last time I talked to my doctor's nurse she said the worse any of them had was a bad headache. That's positive. I can't figure out why you hear of some people having severe reactions to the second shot and others don't. Perhaps a difference in vaccines?

I'm hoping that when DH and I get around to getting it they will have the single dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine available.

I'd rather have my arm fee like it's going to fall off once other than twice.:gig

What I'd like to hear more than that is them say that the FDH has approved the vaccine for general use and not for emergency use!

Blooie is MIA? Oh man, didn't need to hear that.
Blooie has not been on in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom