The Old Folks Home

Disney Hello GIF by Mickey Mouse

What's going to be interesting is to see what color of eggs, Prince and Mara's offspring have, since Prince is the same breeding as Charlotte that laid the darker egg.
It is hard to say! Hopefully a bunch of the pullets will get the chocolate colored egg shell gene combination

Good Morning OF! Lotta flash bangs and liquid sunshine this morning. Already got 2" of the wet stuff in the last two hours, and it's not moving that fast so another couple of inches before it moves out.
Went out and made sure the babies knew to sleep in the plastic dog kennel inside their run. It's under the tarp along with food, water and some perches. They are settling in quite nicely. I wonder what they think of the rain. I know the big kids in the big old dog pen have a house, but prefer to walk in the rain.
Got one little tyke in the brooder from last weekend's hatch that on occasion gets REALLY loud.. I managed to see which one it was this morning... and just about the time I spotted him/her he did the little butt shake and dumped a load. Sure was quiet after that. Is it just practice for the 'egg song'?

Back
Top Bottom