The Old Folks Home

What about fainting!?
When I was a little girl, my brother and I got strep throat. We did our course of antibiotics, and our throats were not sore, but we were still running a slight fever. The doctor sent us for blood tests. I thought it was to be like a shot, since that's how they explained it. They got me hooked up, and when I realized that MY blood was going into the syringe, I turned chalk white, and the room started spinning. They had me lay on the table, while they drew my brother's blood in the next room. I didn't faint, but came really close.

When I was a little girl, my brother and I got strep throat. We did our course of antibiotics, and our throats were not sore, but we were still running a slight fever. The doctor sent us for blood tests. I thought it was to be like a shot. They got me hooked up, and when I realized that my my blood going into the syringe, I turned chalk white, and the room started spinning. They had me lay on the table, while they drew my brother's blood in the next room. I didn't faint, but came really close.
Oh wow!! :eek: that sounds scary hahah thankfully I don’t mind that sort of stuff and actually like watching it :lau :confused:

I am 68.78 mi (110.69 km) by the way the crow flies from the Gulf Coast. You would think............
Map added for visual effect.
View attachment 2629621
We are in a similar saturation here! The Sacramento Valley is very close to the Pacific Ocean and we should have our weather moderated by the Ocean...but the coast range mountains block that!

Good day OF's. Had a short day at work today. The weather warmed up a little that was nice. It's still cold to me though.
Something else we discovered. He was looking at what it would cost to rebuild his computer. The pricing was decent for everything he wanted, except nobody has any of the medium - higher end graphics cards for sale. Again, they're on back order, or out of stock.

Something else that the supply here is virtually non-existent, is cat food. Several weeks ago, I noticed the supply of Friskies canned cat food was dwindling in all the stores. Even the higher end stuff was in short supply. Last week, there was none to be found, and even the dry cat food, which had been fairly plentiful, was gone too. I was talking to a friend in Jacksonville, and another in Ft. Meyers, and they said the same thing. The stores are ordering the stuff. It's as if China is punishing us, and not sending things.
There was a rather large ship stuck in a canal a few weeks ago. (I can't remember the name of either) It blocked the whole water way and essentially stopped traffic. They were estimating hundreds of millions of product went through the canal every day. It was blocked for a week or so. Some were wondering if it wasn't on purpose to stop shipping or shoot prices up.
Pepper plants are technically perennials too! 😁😁😁
I may try them this fall in the house as well. To bad I can't put them in with the tomatoes.

Tonight I will put the pullet back in with the bigger flock of pullets. I did that last night. The main flock seems pretty willing to accept her, but she doesn't seem interested in being a part of them. She sees her cockerels, and paces alongside the fence separating their side of the pen, wanting back in with them. If any of the main flock gets in her way, she's more aggressive towards them, than they are to her.

After a bit, she gave up on getting back in with her males, and went into the far coop, by herself. She stayed there all day. If she continues with this behavior, I may put a tarp up, so she can't see the males.

Back
Top Bottom