The Old Folks Home

This is my favorite dog-love story.

A middle aged man is walking down a country road. Up ahead, he sees a dog that he had as a teenager. There is a very joyful reunion. But then, the man realizes he is dead.

He sits down, the dog sits next to him, and he thinks his situation can't be all that bad: he's in a beautiful place, with his best friend. So he gets up and starts walking down the road, his dog at his side.

He comes up to a beautiful farm. The cows are grazing, the grass is green, birds are singing. A farmer comes up to the fence.

"Hi!" says the farmer.

"Hello," says the man. "Um... can you tell me where I am?"

The farmer laughs. "Oh, son, this is Heaven. The gates over there. Come on in!"

The man walks to the gate. He puts his had on the latch, looks at his dog, then at the farmer. "Can my dog come in too?"

"Sorry, no," the farmer says, shaking his head. "Dogs aren't allowed in Heaven."

The man's hand drops from the gate. "Oh. Well. I think I'm going to keep walking."

The farmer shrugs. "Suit yourself."

The man walks along, his dog trotting happily at his side. About an hour later, he see another farm, and this one looks just as beautiful, if not more so, than the last. He pauses at the fence. A farmer waves to him and walks over.

"Hello there!" says the farmer.

"Hi," says the man. "Can you tell me where I am?"

"This is Heaven. Welcome. Come on in."

"Can I bring my dog?"

"Of course! Your dog is just as welcome."

The man walks through the gate, and the farmer shakes his hand.

"Can you tell me something?" the man asks. "Down the road a ways, I saw another farm like this, and the farmer said it was Heaven and invited me in, but said my dog couldn't come in. So that's why I kept walking."

The farmer nods and smiles. "That was a test. That place is actually Hell. See, we feel that anyone who would leave his best friend behind doesn't deserve Heaven."
Have to save that one I had not heard Thank you very much for passing it along

This is my favorite dog-love story.

A middle aged man is walking down a country road. Up ahead, he sees a dog that he had as a teenager. There is a very joyful reunion. But then, the man realizes he is dead.

He sits down, the dog sits next to him, and he thinks his situation can't be all that bad: he's in a beautiful place, with his best friend. So he gets up and starts walking down the road, his dog at his side.

He comes up to a beautiful farm. The cows are grazing, the grass is green, birds are singing. A farmer comes up to the fence.

"Hi!" says the farmer.

"Hello," says the man. "Um... can you tell me where I am?"

The farmer laughs. "Oh, son, this is Heaven. The gates over there. Come on in!"

The man walks to the gate. He puts his had on the latch, looks at his dog, then at the farmer. "Can my dog come in too?"

"Sorry, no," the farmer says, shaking his head. "Dogs aren't allowed in Heaven."

The man's hand drops from the gate. "Oh. Well. I think I'm going to keep walking."

The farmer shrugs. "Suit yourself."

The man walks along, his dog trotting happily at his side. About an hour later, he see another farm, and this one looks just as beautiful, if not more so, than the last. He pauses at the fence. A farmer waves to him and walks over.

"Hello there!" says the farmer.

"Hi," says the man. "Can you tell me where I am?"

"This is Heaven. Welcome. Come on in."

"Can I bring my dog?"

"Of course! Your dog is just as welcome."

The man walks through the gate, and the farmer shakes his hand.

"Can you tell me something?" the man asks. "Down the road a ways, I saw another farm like this, and the farmer said it was Heaven and invited me in, but said my dog couldn't come in. So that's why I kept walking."

The farmer nods and smiles. "That was a test. That place is actually Hell. See, we feel that anyone who would leave his best friend behind doesn't deserve Heaven."
They did that in an episode of "The Twilight Zone ". I saw it on MeTv last week. The old man was played by Arthur Hunnicutt.

I been doing pretty good, thank you. My youngest daughter goi married this past Saturday. It was a really nice wedding. It's a good feeling to realize all your kids have settled into a happy life.
Yes, it is. A mother's job is to make her kids become people that grow up, become self sufficient, and no longer need her to mother them, but stil love her, and welcome her with open arms into their lives, after her job of raising them is done.

Dd #1 was all set to take a test today. They were doing a Zoom classroom, everyone in their uniforms, etc. The instructor pulled up the test, (Hill McGraw), and there was a proctor on it, saying that everyone had to pay. Hmmm, the instructor knew something was wrong, and in trying to access the test, because there was no payment, it self deleted erasing the entire course. The college contacted Hill McGraw, and said it would be fixed by in the morning. Everyone got an extra day to study.

Of course, it's up to them to provide grandkids for their parents to enjoy too. :)
Well, I totally failed in that regard!

I told my mom when I was about 15 that I wasn't going to give her any grandkids. She said, "You could have a little girl like the girl you baby sit..." I replied, "Yeah, and I could have a boy like my cousin (the psychopath)."

She nodded and said, "Good point."

That man caused so much grief in my family, and to my mom and sister specifically, that when I learned he had died, I shouted for joy.

Back
Top Bottom