The Old Folks Home

Peep, look into Ramik. I got it at TSC. It isn't a poison but an anticoagulant. The rats eat it and die but any animal that eats them is not harmed. That said I've never seen a dead one just their absence. Doesn't take but a couple of 'pills' placed where other animals won't get to them.
This is what I am using:

1621283690190.png

I did find a dead rat yesterday. The others should be dead in the nest.

Two weeks ago I went to the Dr. for my 6 month checkup and asked to get my second shingrix dose. I was told to wait until I went back in two weeks for a blood pressure check to make sure the new BP medicine was working since The guidance was to wait 4 weeks from the second covid vaccine dose. I made an appt. for both the BP and shingrix dose.

They forgot about the Shingrix dose and had not gotten permission from my health insurance. They wanted me to call the insurance to get approval. I went home instead.

I have already missed the 6 months for the second dose of shingrix and guidance says to get the second one asap. I guess I need to make a new appt. just for the second dose

Feeling my age today. I was digging holes for potatoes yesterday. Somewhere around #39, I messed up something in my back. Didn't "pop," or anything, but suddenly the shovelful of dirt was heavy and it hurt to move.

Today I feel better, but no shoveling. I dug the rest of the holes on my hands and knees with a trowel. But I got all the taters planted! I'll do the onions tomorrow.

Feeling my age today. I was digging holes for potatoes yesterday. Somewhere around #39, I messed up something in my back. Didn't "pop," or anything, but suddenly the shovelful of dirt was heavy and it hurt to move.

Today I feel better, but no shoveling. I dug the rest of the holes on my hands and knees with a trowel. But I got all the taters planted! I'll do the onions tomorrow.
I am sorry about the back problem!

I had to take naproxin on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I defrosted the little fridge. It had a lot of ice in it!

It is working much better now too

Take care @Sally PB. Hate to hear that you are having back problems.

When I plant my seed taters I just dig a trench with my hoe, drop them in and cover them. The least amount of bending I can do the better. I can bend 90° a lot easier than I can bend 45° so it makes it a bit easier on me.

I have some potatoes up 4 inches. Others are just poking along. We are on day three of rain here today with rain most of the week. Naturally with us having the excavating project on the books, weeks without rain immediately turns into a week of solid rain. The only ones liking it are the silly frogs.

When DH drained the lagoon that is getting filled in we were astonished by the number of tadpoles. Seriously. Thousands of them. Hated to see them go. Some were tree frog size and others were bull frog size but they were everywhere.

I use the Ramik stick bait. It's about the only thing that the vermin will eat around here that will work on them.

Bad girl Penny, Bad Girl! I'm a poor one to talk although the lady who used to work down at our local MFA helped me tremendously by showing me how to safely lift 50 lb bags of feed. I'm 5'2" tall and about 125 pounds. She's about 5-1 and 110. She would grab bags in a bear hug and load them. I tried the technique one day and it was a lot less painful. Even though, she wound up having back surgery after she retired.

Doctor put me on a new (for me) antibiotic for my sinus infection and it's kicking my butt. I've been very tired the last two days. Anybody take Cefdinir before and had the same reaction to it?

I did run out in the rain to take a pic of the lagoon project. We have it fenced off and away from all the dogs. All of them like to play in it, even our two older dogs. This pic is after DH using our tractor to shove the dirt around and cut into one levy wall to drain it. You can see on the left where there is still water standing. Full, it would hold over 4 foot of water in it's 30-40 foot circumference. The previous owner would water his cattle and horses with it and I remember our first winter here when he asked us if he cold winter his cows over in our pasture until he got his pond cleaned out, going out in January with an ax to chop holes in the ice for them so they could drink.

IMG_2804.JPG
IMG_2805.JPG

They are planning to shove all the dirt to the middle where the water is. The levy is to the lower part of the pictures and to the right. The barn is to the left and the pasture upper part of the picture. Then they are going to scrape dirt down from the pasture side and slope everything so any run off goes to the right where the timber behind the house starts.

I see a LOT of mud in our future but thank God. So far no more sick dogs. I'm so glad we got it fenced off and away from them.

@microchick , I always feel tired when I take antibiotics. Of course I always feel tired even when I don't take antibiotics. I really don't think I ever got rid of that Lyme disease. I can sleep 24 hours in a row. It's awful.
I hear ya, Cap. I didn't have the fatigue as much as I did the neuritis pain from it. It seemed to last forever. Then the Herxheimer effect from the antibiotics.

God I hate ticks.

Have you asked your doctor about doing another round of doxy or tetracycline? I swear it takes forever to get the re-emerging cystic form of the bacteria knocked back down.

Back
Top Bottom