The Old Folks Home

Boy have I been busy. Got half of the back 40 done again and it's like a hay field after only 1 week with all the rain we've had. Then raked a good potion of it to keep it from laying there and rotting on top of the remaining grass. Two huge wheel barrow's full that went to all the pens and thrown in. It was like a circus with happy chickens. Cooped up Graystoke and his two ladies, then let the 12 weeks old pullets out and opened the door to the 10 week old pullets. Hoping to merge the two groups into one, so just watched to see what would happen. 10 week olds stayed put in their pen and the 12 weeks olds joined them. Woot, one more little chore accomplished. Now all 7 of them are in the larger pen together. 6 of Graystoke's babies and one oddball that will go in with K.E. and his ladies when she's old enough. Then moved the small round pen to higher/cleaner ground and caught 3 of K.E.'s little offspring (8 weeks) and put them in the small round pen. Much more suitable for them since they are bantams. I'll have to catch the other two when they roost tonight. Hung a large feeder in with the 7 now merged pullets. Then came in to rest and cool off. Still have a huge patch of grass to get raked up out there but I can do it late this evening when the sun goes over the hill and it cools off a bit.

Good afternoon! My sore throat/ cough is pretty much gone. Glad DH hospital ordeal is over. Can only say one thing, the man I brought home is not the man I took to the hospital. I became care-taker over-time max. Still receiving test results today. I will wait to hear from the Dr but looks like he has another auto immune disease. The gastroenterologist has been commenting today so I know he is following the results and I feel Dh is in very capable hands. His primary had scheduled him at a rheumatologist so I'm thinking he may have been suspecting something.

Good afternoon! My sore throat/ cough is pretty much gone. Glad DH hospital ordeal is over. Can only say one thing, the man I brought home is not the man I took to the hospital. I became care-taker over-time max. Still receiving test results today. I will wait to hear from the Dr but looks like he has another auto immune disease. The gastroenterologist has been commenting today so I know he is following the results and I feel Dh is in very capable hands. His primary had scheduled him at a rheumatologist so I'm thinking he may have been suspecting something.
Glad you are feeling better. Hope they find the issue with DH and get him on the path to a full recovery soon. Hang in there, but please... as a full time care giver take care of yourself.

Blessed are the care givers for they are assured a place in heaven.

My favorite saying and I made it up myself after almost 20 years of being my mom and dad's caregiver.

I'm glad that you are feeling better and glad that your husband is being sent to the doctors that he needs to see. I hope they find out what is wrong with him. FAST! Sounds like the poor guy has been through his fair share.

And as CSolis said. Make sure to take care of the care giver. Especially since you are getting over being sick yourself.

Evening all. Another hot day here. I zoned out. Set on the sofa all day and DH and I binge watched My Name Is Earl on Amazon Prime TV. Clipped a few weeds this evening, flew an RC helicopter, split wood this morning.

I know, sounds like a perfect Sunday and I guess it was.

@CSolis, I haven't had a stroke and am known for my Energizer Bunny energy levels but I don't think that even I could keep up with You. Keep up the good work and keep on taking care of yourself.

Back
Top Bottom