The Old Folks Home

Is the price of used vehicles going up since the shut down a good or bad thing? Depends if you are the seller or buyer. Our astro went bad because we didn't use it for so long during the shut down (wasn't great to begin with) so got a small used 10 foot E350 box truck in hopes we could do flea markets. 10 months and several hospital stays later plus exacerbated arthritis DH realized it's not for him. We traded it in for a new Ford ranger today and were pleasantly surprised to find it was worth several grand more then we paid for it
The price increase has more to do with the chip shortage. New cars are in short supply so many are purchasing used cars, which raises the cost.

Evening all. Busy day here. DH and I attended the dedication of a new bridge that they built over the Amtrak and commercial tracks that run through town. Our little burg of 1400 people is an Amtrak community so it was a big deal. Even more interesting does anybody here at the home remember the original Doc Savage books? Most weren't born when they were popular but the author, Lester Dent is a native so they named the Bridge the Lester Dent Memorial Bridge. The HAM club we belong to in Macon County has an event coming up-a contest honoring Dent who was also a HAM operator.

The event was held outside and it was a beautiful morning. Sunny, pleasant and it was the first 'outing' DH and I had enjoyed since before all the fun and games with the pandemic began so it was special for us as Reps from the Macon County HAM operators.

We got home about noon and I've been going non stop ever since. All in all a nice day and now it is raining here. We need the rain.

When I was young, I was a very avid reader. The bookmobile couldn't come soon enough. When our town grew, and got an actual library, I was in hog heaven. Funny thing, my parents NEVER censored anything I read. They censored other things, but never my reading materials.

I was either in Jr. High, or a Freshman in HS, when the book "Everything you wanted to know about sex", by Dr. Reuben, came out. It was all the rage. The first day it came out, I went home with 14 copies of it. My mother asked if I liked the book, and why I had 14 copies of it. I had to confess I hadn't read it yet. The copies I had, all belonged to friends that would get in trouble if their mother's caught them reading it. They would read it in their free time at school, then give me the copies to take home, and return with the next day. When they got done reading it, I ended up owning 14 copies.

Back
Top Bottom