The Old Folks Home

Sounds like mom knows him pretty well. Glad he's staying safe, given the state of his lungs he could easily be one of the now nearly 700K Covid dead.

Yep and what really surprised me when I went to my local Toyota dealer to get a blown tire replaced, I could hardly find a spot to park for all the NEW cars on the lot! I wonder if maybe Toyota stocked up on chips before they went in short supply.
I read an article that said Toyota was able to keep producing via their stock and supply channel. that has come to an end though and car production for Toyota has stopped too.

Good afternoon! Got feed shopping out of the way early today. Surprise! Scratchgrain, Chick feed and Layer crumbles totalled ONLY $52 (no tax on farm animal feed here). Then to top it off the clerk said you have a $10 reward, do you want to use it? Heck yeah, so out I walked for a mere $42 today!
Next stop was feeding the chooks when I got home and settled (after stopping by the top flower/herb bed on my way in from the car. Couldn't help myself. I dropped my purse right there and pulled weeds!)
Ok, feed chooks, pick up rake start raking stuff to put in the front yard where the grass is rather spare from poor soil, and leaves for the girls that I let out to play in. Nope, they want the stuff I want to pick up. Get out of that! Go play in the leaf piles!
Come in eat breakfast, think about taking a break, back out I go to pull weeds around the house where I've been landscaping, pick up limbs and branches and of course weeds I had pulled.
Next stop take phone out and get photos of this years fluffets. I must be doing something right. I see ladies who have just begun to lay, and some at the POL that are much bigger, fuller chested and overall sturdier than their moms. Who cares if they are crosses, not I. And my drop dead gorgeous EE, sold as an Ameraucana at TSC. Remember I had gotten two, hoping one was a roo, then gave away the one I didn't want. I'm so glad I picked Bandit. He's polite, but a great flock leader already, always on the alert, always telling his ladies when it's time to go in the 'house' or when he find food. I think he's gonna make one fine daddy.
Bandit!.png

Oh, and as for reading. I'm one sad puppy. Just finished the 8th book in a series called 'House of Nicolo' by Dorothy Dunnett. Excellent reading. She's been compared to Dumas by more than a few. First read her series called 'The Lymond Chronicals'. She wrote that first, then came the second series 'House of Nicolo' which gave some background to the first. Based in Scotland, Bruges, Portugal, Italy, and quite a few other countries too many to mention, it's about not only trade in the 1400 and 1500 century, but the merchants and their lives and how they intermingled with Kings and royalty. Excellent series, both of them. I've got all the books so I can go back and reread them at some point in time.

Last edited:
Here's my first shot at breeding for bantams. Dad is a bantam, mom is a relative to the black and white spotted pullet in the first video. Second is basically his attitude towards me even with pullets milling around.
One of the things I really like about him besides his coloring, is the fact he looks like a midget double breated turkey! My what a big chest you have.

Here's my first shot at breeding for bantams. Dad is a bantam, mom is a relative to the black and white spotted pullet in the first video. Second is basically his attitude towards me even with pullets milling around.
One of the things I really like about him besides his coloring, is the fact he looks like a midget double breated turkey! My what a big chest you have.
who got scratched him or you ???

Back
Top Bottom