The Old Folks Home

When I was young, I was a very avid reader. The bookmobile couldn't come soon enough. When our town grew, and got an actual library, I was in hog heaven. Funny thing, my parents NEVER censored anything I read. They censored other things, but never my reading materials.

I was either in Jr. High, or a Freshman in HS, when the book "Everything you wanted to know about sex", by Dr. Reuben, came out. It was all the rage. The first day it came out, I went home with 14 copies of it. My mother asked if I liked the book, and why I had 14 copies of it. I had to confess I hadn't read it yet. The copies I had, all belonged to friends that would get in trouble if their mother's caught them reading it. They would read it in their free time at school, then give me the copies to take home, and return with the next day. When they got done reading it, I ended up owning 14 copies.
reminds me of how I felt reading 50 Shades of Grey

He writes back, ' staying on the mountain away from people your mom won't take me to town shopping says I touch everything '
Sounds like mom knows him pretty well. Glad he's staying safe, given the state of his lungs he could easily be one of the now nearly 700K Covid dead.

The price increase has more to do with the chip shortage. New cars are in short supply so many are purchasing used cars, which raises the cost.
Yep and what really surprised me when I went to my local Toyota dealer to get a blown tire replaced, I could hardly find a spot to park for all the NEW cars on the lot! I wonder if maybe Toyota stocked up on chips before they went in short supply.

Sounds like mom knows him pretty well. Glad he's staying safe, given the state of his lungs he could easily be one of the now nearly 700K Covid dead.

Yep and what really surprised me when I went to my local Toyota dealer to get a blown tire replaced, I could hardly find a spot to park for all the NEW cars on the lot! I wonder if maybe Toyota stocked up on chips before they went in short supply.
The dealership encouraged us to order a personalized car. They wouldn't charge us until pick up. Besides not guaranteeing us the car would be ready before 2022, the trade in value of our truck could very likely be down by then OR we could give them the keys, leave our truck on their lot till the new vehicle comes in and then today's quoted value on our truck would be locked in.
We went to a Different dealership that had a ranger that we wanted and asked them if they would price match the other dealership. They wanted the trade so they matched it

Back
Top Bottom