The Old Folks Home

What a pain in the posterior, @CapricornFarm. I had that happen once. I was on a one way street, the guy to my right was from out of state, turned in front of me not realizing he was on a one way street and BANG. My brand new truck wasn't pristine any more.

The first words out of his mouth were 'I'll write you a check! Right now. How much damage do you think is here? 1000? 1500?' I looked at him and the light went off over my head. I asked him if he had insurance. He said no, he was from a northern state and they didn't require insurance. I called the PoPo and told him what the guy told me. Cop asked him point blank with the guy right in my face till the officer got in his and ordered him to stand on the sidewalk. Guy told him what he told me. Cop said 'well you are in IL and here you need insurance', and started writing out tickets for him.

I had a hard time controlling my desire to do a fist pump. It was worth having to pay for the damage and repair just to see the look on the jokers face when the cop handed him the citations.

Call your insurance company. I did and asked them if I needed to get an attorney and they said no, they'd go after him. I don't know if they got anywhere, never heard. Now I wish I had gotten an attorney and got the idiot to write me a REAL check.

What a pain in the posterior, @CapricornFarm. I had that happen once. I was on a one way street, the guy to my right was from out of state, turned in front of me not realizing he was on a one way street and BANG. My brand new truck wasn't pristine any more.

The first words out of his mouth were 'I'll write you a check! Right now. How much damage do you think is here? 1000? 1500?' I looked at him and the light went off over my head. I asked him if he had insurance. He said no, he was from a northern state and they didn't require insurance. I called the PoPo and told him what the guy told me. Cop asked him point blank with the guy right in my face till the officer got in his and ordered him to stand on the sidewalk. Guy told him what he told me. Cop said 'well you are in IL and here you need insurance', and started writing out tickets for him.

I had a hard time controlling my desire to do a fist pump. It was worth having to pay for the damage and repair just to see the look on the jokers face when the cop handed him the citations.

Call your insurance company. I did and asked them if I needed to get an attorney and they said no, they'd go after him. I don't know if they got anywhere, never heard. Now I wish I had gotten an attorney and got the idiot to write me a REAL check.
man-giving-fist-bump-to-son-nature-background-support-concept-kid-power-teamwork-selective-foc...jpg

Not necessarily, Bruce. The individual who stole 50,000 dollars from my husband's practice didn't have two nickels to rub together. Have no idea what they did with the money they stole from us but we suspect it was to pay off credit cared debt.

Fast forward. We get a check every month for 75$. Yeah, it's a bite and it depends on how much time and effort you want to invest in nailing their hides to the wall but you can get the money back.

Yep, DH and I have to live to our mid 80s to see all the money come back to us a dribble at a time. But By Golly, we are going to do it just out of spite!🤬

Not necessarily, Bruce. The individual who stole 50,000 dollars from my husband's practice didn't have two nickels to rub together. Have no idea what they did with the money they stole from us but we suspect it was to pay off credit cared debt.

Fast forward. We get a check every month for 75$. Yeah, it's a bite and it depends on how much time and effort you want to invest in nailing their hides to the wall but you can get the money back.

Yep, DH and I have to live to our mid 80s to see all the money come back to us a dribble at a time. But By Golly, we are going to do it just out of spite!🤬
Sometimes we got to stand up for ourselves just to show a person thay can't always take advantage of other people! Even if it doesn't seem worth the time and energy. Go get 'em tiger!!

Back
Top Bottom