The Old Folks Home

:caf☕:jumpy:jumpy:jumpygood morning we have triplets

Attachments

• 100_0310.JPG
    100_0310.JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 1
I figured i needed to see a different doctor. Mine has been useless.
They questioned me a lot about the possibility of having psoriasis since I was having such severe joint pain. It's very painful so I do understand what you are going through with your neck and back.

A rheumy would be able to treat you for the joint pain and get it under control for you. You might also consider seeing your Derm Doc. If I remember right you occasionally have to be whittled on like my husband don't you?

Golly girl you are as big of a mess as I am. It's not what condition do you have it's what conditions DON'T you have. And that list is shorter than ones you do have.. Hang in there my friend. :hugs that's all any of us can do.

@Beer can OH NO! I know you are vaccinated, let's hope you have enough antibodies to protect you. Prayers sent for you and your kiddos that you stay safe and they have a fast recovery. I have the feeling that covid is going to turn into the new seasonal complaint when school starts up. It won't be oh the kiddo is home with strep throat or chicken pox, it's oh the kiddo is home again with covid.

@silverhair67, congratulations on the new fluffy butts! They are so tiny and cute.

And finally. Morning all. Saw @Wisher1000 checked in to see how things are going. Thank you for giving us oldsters a place to hang out!

Beer Can, you might want to inquire about Regen, the monoclonal antibody infusion. We had great success here with it, when it was available. It proved to be better than the vaccine, which is part of the reason Big Pharma did so dirty by it.
Regeneron is 'Big Pharma' - unquestionably monoclonal antibody treatment is a significant tool for treatment of those infected. Drawbacks - cost and availability.

It was developed, and was being given free, under the same Emergency Use Authorization that the vaccines enjoy. When it turned out to be successful, that's when Big Pharma, claiming the right to it, under some of their patents, pressured Washington. Remember, Phizer alone made over 3.5 Billion dollars in revenue within the first 3 months of rolling out their vaccine. It's their cash cow. Until HHS was forced to confiscate, and dole it out, it was readily available for anyone that wanted it. Florida was one of the few states that it was available as both a prophylaxis, and treatment. Mostly due to the fact that our medical university, USF Medical, played a significant role in it's development, production, use, and feedback, so part of their study was it's effectiveness in preventing covid, as well as a treatment.

As to cost, the figures being reflected are including the grants for R&D, while the costs for the vaccines don't reflect the initial R&D costs. It's a bit of a lopsided comparison.

Back
Top Bottom