The Old Folks Home

We had a tornado reported just to the west of us in Chillicothe MO tonight. Several counties had their ARES Nets operational on the HAM radio repeaters. They say it hit an LP depot and one home. People were trapped but uninjured in the house and one tank looked toppled but not damaged. It was about 60 miles from us.

I stood in the pasture after locking up the birds and watched the storm skirt to the north of us. Clouds looked pretty evil.

I did manage to get that drafting table cleared off. Glass! The top is Glass! Now I remember, LOL!

We had a tornado reported just to the west of us in Chillicothe MO tonight. Several counties had their ARES Nets operational on the HAM radio repeaters. They say it hit an LP depot and one home. People were trapped but uninjured in the house and one tank looked toppled but not damaged. It was about 60 miles from us.

I stood in the pasture after locking up the birds and watched the storm skirt to the north of us. Clouds looked pretty evil.

I did manage to get that drafting table cleared off. Glass! The top is Glass! Now I remember, LOL!
What a feeling of satisfaction to straighten things up and make long lost discoveries! Problem is, when I straighten things up DH wants to look at all those discoveries and by the time he's finished, it looks like it did before I straightened out up.

I like it when I say, any use for this? I don't even know what it is! If not it's going to the trash! Hold the object up. DH takes it from me, admits he doesn't know what it is but puts it back in the save pile.

Needless to say we seldom get rid of anything around here.:rolleyes:
My husband that just passed was one to save everything. We've been cleaning out his..stuff. My goodness..things found from back in the 60's! Plus, I found some things of mine that I swear I had thrown out. 😆 He saved bills paid and saved. Granted, some things were awesome to find. Cards from kids way back when. Pictures they drew. But out of those three filing cabinets, most was thrown out. Now in that Guard cabinet..things he kept in there from being in the National Guard! Found some badges, a lot of different kinds. Don't know what all they were for. Wish he had put them in something and written about them. And now, for those that haven't heard, we found money. Oh boy, did we find money. Glad he saved that. $26,000! He had told me that he was saving for a new driveway. Well, I used it on a new driveway, just the way he had shown me he wanted it done. Plus, the driving strip out front now has decorative rock, apple tree out front is down and rock put there. Two more apple trees down on the back. He so wanted those trees down. They were old, and the apples weren't very good anymore. One more thing I've done we talked about. A new bathroom floor. He had saved, then forgot about it probably years ago as his Alzheimer's started declining pretty quick once diagnosed. That sweet man, I used to get a bit aggravated at some of the things he would save. Yes, I threw most out, but oh man it was hard. It was my sweethearts way. Not in the house, but out in his shop. I sure miss him and his ways.

Last edited:
My husband that just passed was one to save everything. We've been cleaning out his..stuff. My goodness..things found from back in the 60's! Plus, I found some things if mine that I swear I had thrown out. 😆 He saved bills paid and saved. Granted, some things were awesome to find. Cards from kids way back when. Pictures they drew. But out of those three filing cabinets, most was thrown out. Now in that Guard cabinet..things he kept in there from being in the National Guard! Found some badges, a lot of different kinds. Don't know what all they were for. Wish he had put them in something and written about them. And now, for those that haven't heard, we found money. Oh boy, did we find money. Glad he saved that. $26,000! He had told me that he was saving for a new driveway. Well, I used it on a new driveway, just the way he had shown me he wanted it done. Plus, the driving strip out front now has decorative rock, apple tree out front is down and rock put there. Two more apple trees down on the back. He so wanted those trees down. They were old, and the apples weren't very good anymore. One more thing I've done we talked about. A new bathroom floor. He had saved, then forgot about it probably years ago as his Alzheimer's started declining pretty quick once diagnosed. That sweet man, I used to get a bit aggravated at some of the things he would save. Yes, I threw most out, but oh man it was hard. It was my sweethearts way. Not in the house, but out in his shop. I sure miss him and his ways.
:hugsI don't know what else to say....:hit

My husband that just passed was one to save everything. were old, and the apples weren't very good anymore. One more thing I've done we talked about. A new bathroom floor. He had saved, then forgot about it probably years ago as his Alzheimer's started declining pretty quick once diagnosed. That sweet man, I used to get a bit aggravated at some of the things he would save. Yes, I threw most out, but oh man it was hard. It was my sweethearts way. Not in the house, but out in his shop. I sure miss him and his ways.
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom