The Old Folks Home

Christmas is a time of joy and happiness.. But for those who lost a loved one, it can also be a time of great sadness and rest in peace shirts are a popular choice for Christmas presents.
Our heart press went on the fritz, went to look for a new one but made sure it got shipped from the United States so we don't have to wait half a year! Lots of work using my little iron! Although we started the business with my little iron, and a $6 printer from Good Will... And lots of determination to succeed!
So sad my mom is gone, but she had no quality of life. I now have no close relatives that are older than i.

I have cousins that are older than I am but no aunts or uncles left. Just cousins.

On my husband's side of the family we are the family 'elders' now. Kinda awesome and scary at the same time.
Exactly!
20211128_162246.jpg

So sad my mom is gone, but she had no quality of life. I now have no close relatives that are older than i.
Ya know, life is what it is. Mom passed when I was 32. Dad passed nearly 2 years ago. I have an older brother that has nothing to do with me. Dad's brother sends emails on occasional holidays (none of them mine), and then there's my mom's youngest brother who sends me jokes, and asks how I am on occasion. I've never had a close family since childhood. Do I regret it? Sort of, but it made me independent and strong. Can't whine about the way things happens, there's always a reason. Mostly ones that are helping or forcing you to grow.

Just finished a plate of scrambled eggs with home made chili on top. One of mom's dinner meals I remember. (Smacks lips). Two of the eggs were from my golden laced wyandotte pullet. I know her eggs vs the other pullets in the big round pen. I was checking them to see if they were fertile. YES! K.E. is one busy boy. In the spring I may just hatch a few of her eggs, and some of Countess' eggs (my green egg layer), and a few of Raven's eggs. Mo' chickens, mo' chickens!

Just finished a plate of scrambled eggs with home made chili on top. One of mom's dinner meals I remember. (Smacks lips). Two of the eggs were from my golden laced wyandotte pullet. I know her eggs vs the other pullets in the big round pen. I was checking them to see if they were fertile. YES! K.E. is one busy boy. In the spring I may just hatch a few of her eggs, and some of Countess' eggs (my green egg layer), and a few of Raven's eggs. Mo' chickens, mo' chickens!
🍽️

Agreed.

I have an older brother who pretty much became estranged from the family when he married. I tried to reconcile with him after my mother passed when I was 46. I tried for 6 years but never could get along with my SIL. Gave up finally after a big blow up. We exchange cards and occasional emails but basically he has his life and I have mine. Really don't miss not having a close family ties. Like @CSolis said, it makes you tough and independent.

My mother once admitted that they never worried about me too much because I was always so independent. I said I had to be. It was always about my brother when I was growing up.

But that resilience made me able to face down whatever hardships life threw at me dust myself off, put my head down and face it with determination and willpower.

I have all the family I need with my husband, our 6 dogs and 5 cats. And too many chickens, LOL.

Agreed.

I have an older brother who pretty much became estranged from the family when he married. I tried to reconcile with him after my mother passed when I was 46. I tried for 6 years but never could get along with my SIL. Gave up finally after a big blow up. We exchange cards and occasional emails but basically he has his life and I have mine. Really don't miss not having a close family ties. Like @CSolis said, it makes you tough and independent.

My mother once admitted that they never worried about me too much because I was always so independent. I said I had to be. It was always about my brother when I was growing up.

But that resilience made me able to face down whatever hardships life threw at me dust myself off, put my head down and face it with determination and willpower.

I have all the family I need with my husband, our 6 dogs and 5 cats. And too many chickens, LOL.
Family is not necessarily the one you are born with, but the one you make along the way. You can count the number of GOOD friends on one hand at best.

Back
Top Bottom