The Old Folks Home

I'm fine with getting older. I don't have a choice, right? But I flat out REFUSE to get old. Nope, nuh uh, not gonna happen!
One of Mom's many sayings, "Getting old is no sin. Acting old is." She lived to be 97 and was mentally sharp to the end - fell with a broken hip, slight stroke, major stroke dead in 3 days. Well done, Mom.

🎉
:celebrate🎉:celebrate I'm soooooooooooo happy this morning! I had gotten all the chooks fed, and decided since it was warm enough to rake up more leaves for some of the pens, and mow a bit for those who don't get out to free range. While I was in the hoop coop with Gen Lee , Turtle Dove and the corn kernels I notice TD acting strangely. First she had let one of the little guys mount her (for all the good he did it was a courageous try), wait like 'are you done yet' and then shake herself off. Then she got up in the nesting box and was going from side to side checking it out, but all the bedding was gone that was there days ago. So I get out the big Remington and go hack down some stuff that was still tall even though it was dry, rake it up and haul it to the coop, where I started jamming in new bedding for TD. True to form, Gen Lee hopped right up and helped her make a nest and encouraging her. He's such a sport. He stayed in the box with her until she actually laid an egg. I was there for her very first egg! OMG! She's only 4-5 weeks behind her siblings to start laying. I was worried she wouldn't.
View attachment 2913217

The Big Man on guard duty. Even Corn Puff came up and laid down beside TD.
Lol, even chickens need moral support.

YAY :wee.. That's what you wanted.. . Fewer chores in the long run. Think how much less feed you'll need to buy!
Yes, the price of feed keeps going up. The goats are eating more to make up for it. When the chickens go, i am both sad and glad. It's going to be much quieter around here.

The way I heard it was growing older wasn't an option. Growing up was. That's where I refuse. I'm a Toy R Us kid! I've got all kinds of toys. A young whipper snapper about a year behind me said, "He who has the most toys when he dies, wins!" I'm collecting as many as I can!
I heard the same thing about fabric, but then i am a quilter.

Back
Top Bottom