The Old Folks Home

In addition to vit D3, grind up eggshells (same mineral composition as teeth and bones) use it to sprinkle on cereal or bake in cakes, etc. Plus Magnesium Citrate, and of course walking. Walking does more to maintain bone health than people give it credit.
He is taking prescription b-12 shots and liquid D 8000 iu and in addition I got him a liquid multi. For the magnesium citrate- wouldn't that make make loose stools? He is a candidate for a knee replacement (bone on bone) but that surgery is out of the question so has a brace, gets shots and lidocaine patches.

He is taking prescription b-12 shots and liquid D 8000 iu and in addition I got him a liquid multi. For the magnesium citrate- wouldn't that make make loose stools? He is a candidate for a knee replacement (bone on bone) but that surgery is out of the question so has a brace, gets shots and lidocaine patches.
I take magnesium citrate in capsule form, and it doesn't bother my intestines at all. I imagine if you use the liquid form, start with a small portion, working your way up until you get to loose stools then back off. That's what's recommended. Make sure the Vit D is D3. there's a difference.

Agreed Lovesfarms I think mag citrate would be contraindicated for your husband.

Nurses POV. I think a person with a colostomy has to be careful with things like mag citrate. Especially if they have an ileostomy.

Depending on where a person has a colostomy, the 'results' can range from normal bowel movements to liquid bowel movements. For example an ileostomy the 'results' will be thick liquid to liquid. If the colostomy is located in the area of the descending colon, depending on it's location the stool will be more like what a person passes normally.

If there is an ileostomy involved the last thing a person wants is diarrhea, which mag citrate can generate if you aren't careful.

Well my Monday was just ruined. I got a call from the hospital (the pay up front folks) taking my history. When the nurse got done she said well the anesthesiologist doesn't want you to take your blood pressure meds. I told them gee thanks, my blood pressure was going to be shooting through the roof. Nope don't take it. But they will let me take my cardiac med which is also a b/p med in disguise. :rant Then she said. We want you here at noon to do preop. I said. No, I was told 10:30. She said who told you that. I said the doctor's office and you guys. They (meaning my doctor's office) have been giving people the wrong time they told me. Well I said then you guys have been doing the same thing because you sent me an email telling me 10:30. I was looking forward to getting this over with bright and early and now I have to be NPO for over 12 hours? Thanks guys.

Got off the phone and told my husband that I'm going to tell them that if I have a stroke I'm going to hunt them down and run them over with my electric wheelchair because when I get done suing them I'll be rich enough to own the hospital, live in a new handicap-able house and afford a state of the art jet powered wheelchair with turbo-speed on it.
1639078347178.png

Back
Top Bottom