The Old Folks Home

Agreed Lovesfarms I think mag citrate would be contraindicated for your husband.

Nurses POV. I think a person with a colostomy has to be careful with things like mag citrate. Especially if they have an ileostomy.

Depending on where a person has a colostomy, the 'results' can range from normal bowel movements to liquid bowel movements. For example an ileostomy the 'results' will be thick liquid to liquid. If the colostomy is located in the area of the descending colon, depending on it's location the stool will be more like what a person passes normally.

If there is an ileostomy involved the last thing a person wants is diarrhea, which mag citrate can generate if you aren't careful.

Well my Monday was just ruined. I got a call from the hospital (the pay up front folks) taking my history. When the nurse got done she said well the anesthesiologist doesn't want you to take your blood pressure meds. I told them gee thanks, my blood pressure was going to be shooting through the roof. Nope don't take it. But they will let me take my cardiac med which is also a b/p med in disguise. :rant Then she said. We want you here at noon to do preop. I said. No, I was told 10:30. She said who told you that. I said the doctor's office and you guys. They (meaning my doctor's office) have been giving people the wrong time they told me. Well I said then you guys have been doing the same thing because you sent me an email telling me 10:30. I was looking forward to getting this over with bright and early and now I have to be NPO for over 12 hours? Thanks guys.

Got off the phone and told my husband that I'm going to tell them that if I have a stroke I'm going to hunt them down and run them over with my electric wheelchair because when I get done suing them I'll be rich enough to own the hospital, live in a new handicap-able house and afford a state of the art jet powered wheelchair with turbo-speed on it.
View attachment 2923520
I'm only laughing when I imagine you roaring after everyone that has wronged you... On a jet powered wheel chair

That's when you drink enough that you can't recall how many you drank, so you just say a few because it sounds better than a 24 pack!
I thought "just a few" was the answer to "how many chickens do you have?"

My dad died when I was 22, my mom when I was 23. I was in college, feeling oh-so-independent! Yeah, right.
I bet their deaths took all the air out of that balloon. Must have been really hard to be dumped into SERIOUSLY adulting so fast.

Didn't drop here, $3.53gal.
$3.459 here, got my 7.5 gallons at Costco today for $3.159

Still takes the human to run the program. what they feed in?
Garbage
In
Garbage
Out

Curiously those 4 letters were the answer to a giant crossword puzzle DD2 and I were working on recently.

I bet their deaths took all the air out of that balloon. Must have been really hard to be dumped into SERIOUSLY adulting so fast.
Yes, it was. The lessons I learned from age 23-25 I wouldn't trade for a million dollars. But I would not go through that time again for two million dollars.

Things got a LOT better when I met the man I eventually married.

DH and I had our booster shots yesterday. It affected us more than the first two shots did. Not just the sore arm, but I had chills for a long time last night. I have some stiff back and neck muscles too.

I feel better now. Not great, just a bit better. I think there is (another) nap in my future.
Hope you feel better tomorrow 😚

Tried something new this morning.. Hot cocoa made with oatmilk. Danged it's yummy, so rich and creamy.
Did you make your own oatmilk? It's a lot of work but it's very good. I've adjusted to eating without milk but for all the dairy products, I sure miss the cheese. Licking out the pot after mom made some home made cheese was like a love affair for me! Oooh.. Home made cheese when it's still warm and gooey, there's nothing better

Back
Top Bottom