The Old Folks Home

At this point, we are all healthy, and doing fine. A little over 2 weeks ago, my oldest daughter got sent home, because of a positive covid test. She, and Dh got sick, but I was ok for a few days. Next, the kids came down with it. By the time I got it, they were all pretty much over it, so were able to care for me.

To be honest, it wasn't all that bad. It was more like a bad winter cold with lots of upper head congestion, which is mostly annoying for a few days, until the head congestion clears, the sneezing stops, and you can breathe out of your nose again.

This is when my grandson's appendix decided to act up. Dd #1 had to fight for him, but they did the surgery instead of sending him home. It's a good thing they did. There was a small perforation in his appendix, and it had already gotten infected. The infection had spread to the area under the appendix too. Of course, this was underneath, where they couldn't see it. A couple days of antibiotics after the surgery, they decided he was doing good, and sent him home. He seems fine now. He's eating, resuming a bit of activity, and he's not in pain.
What was your ER experience like? We hear so many dreadful stories about the ER that when you do have an emergency, you hesitate to go in. A couple weeks ago when DH needed to go he was going to refuse, but I said we will see what it looks like and then decide from there. We found an empty spot way in the back with plexiglass around it. Could still hear people coughing and throwing up but felt some what protected. Sometimes I think the news blows things up a little. I thought COVID cases are going down but the Dr called yesterday and changed my appoint to televisit because numbers are going up. I'm glad he got through the surgery safely and you are doing better too. Glad you all stuck too your guns and didn't give up when he needed that care!

Wow what an eggceptional morning! Went out to feed, water and collect early morning eggs. What to my surprise I should find...... Corn Puff laid her very first egg! She's a bantam BO and is one of Gen Lee's (Silkie) wives. I'll wait a while then start hatching her eggs!
Then in the back pen the story goes... Give them a nice large pen, build them a hen house replete with nesting boxes and what do they do? I found a hen made nest under the hen house with 10 eggs in it! Only one gal was laying inside the hen house.

Make sure to put your name and date on the bottom. Famous people were not famous when they made there first piece of art! You can never know! 🙂
I generally do mark my pieces. Have been making ceramics since high school in the 70s. Thanks for the thought!

Wow what an eggceptional morning! Went out to feed, water and collect early morning eggs. What to my surprise I should find...... Corn Puff laid her very first egg! She's a bantam BO and is one of Gen Lee's (Silkie) wives. I'll wait a while then start hatching her eggs!
Then in the back pen the story goes... Give them a nice large pen, build them a hen house replete with nesting boxes and what do they do? I found a hen made nest under the hen house with 10 eggs in it! Only one gal was laying inside the hen house.
Typical!

Back
Top Bottom