The Olive-Egger thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by onthespot, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Or a BCM hiding recessive Wheaten [​IMG] Not rare.

2. Lark Rise

Lark Rise Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    East Central Georgia
    I'm still riding so high from the the olive egg that I just NOW realized that the dark brown egg in the picture is the first egg from my Welsummer!!!!!! [​IMG]

3. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Quote:Awe...now that's shameless!! [​IMG]

4. Lark Rise

Jan 22, 2011
    East Central Georgia
    Quote:Awe...now that's shameless!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    Quote:Illia,you are good.
    their father was a blue wheaten and the moms were mossy black coppers.i read somewhere where the mossies have wheaten blood.is that right?
    they lay very dark brown eggs.
    not sure if you remember but this is the cross where i was asking you all the genetics ?'s.you were still waiting on your first olive eggs at the time.well,this is what they made.

edited to say that the father was a blue wheaten ameraucana only.i had the wheaten seperated at the time of your eggs. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  6. Lark Rise

Jan 22, 2011
    East Central Georgia
    their father was either a blue wheaten or wheaten ameraucana and the moms were mossy black coppers.i read somewhere where the mossies have wheaten blood.is that right?
    not sure if you remember but this is the cross where i was asking you all the genetics ?'s.you were still waiting on your first olive eggs at the time.well,this is what they made.

This is the wonderful BYCer from whom I got these lovely hens!!! [​IMG]

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    their father was either a blue wheaten or wheaten ameraucana and the moms were mossy black coppers.i read somewhere where the mossies have wheaten blood.is that right?

Because the Marans thread is so huge and (sorry) half of it is filled with chatter, I really don't know. Never read into mossiness enough to say if that is true or not. All I know is that none of my Marans are mossy, none of the Black Coppers have ever given me Wheatens.

8. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    Quote:the sad thing is ,i don't even have any from this cross laying.but i have 6 getting ready. [​IMG]

9. Lark Rise

Jan 22, 2011
    East Central Georgia
    Quote:the sad thing is ,i don't even have any from this cross laying.but i have 6 getting ready. [​IMG]

I hope you get some real soon. [​IMG]
    Mine are 23 weeks old now.

10. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY

Because the Marans thread is so huge and (sorry) half of it is filled with chatter, I really don't know. Never read into mossiness enough to say if that is true or not. All I know is that none of my Marans are mossy, none of the Black Coppers have ever given me Wheatens.

A friend of mine had a Wheaten looking BCM.

[​IMG] (Is Gary Oldman a vampire?) [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by