The Olive-Egger thread!

Thanks, Wynette.
frow.gif
Love that puppy nose!

Ok I have decided it is time to hatch on second generation Olive Eggers..... I need more than two Olive Egger Girls anyway... right???? I have four eggs so far, I have been getting 2 eggs a day so they have till Saturday. This is a test anyway just to see what I will get.

I have one that is Marans-esque with gold collar and black body and one that is Dominate white. They are in with a splash Marans roos. So I am thinking I will get some white? and some blue. Doesn't really matter as long as they still lay Olive Eggs...
yesss.gif
and they are all pullets.
gig.gif

My first olive egg babies of the new season have just made their appearance and they are blue with muffs and feathered legs (which is the "look" I've been breeding for over the past 3 years).

My first olive egg babies of the new season have just made their appearance and they are blue with muffs and feathered legs (which is the "look" I've been breeding for over the past 3 years).

They're adorable Monique!

I want to try to hatch some Splash ones from you again this year, the one Splash chick I hatched last year didn't make it.
sad.png

Jeremy I can't remember how I had them paired up last year. I've never hatched a splash yet - only blue or black and mostly blue. I took my black copper roos out of the pen because the eggs were getting too dark and replaced them with blue olive egger roos so maybe I will get some splash this season since the pen is now almost all blues.

i got some udated pics of mine. i think i have a boy and a girl. gotta get rid of the boy tho if it is one

what color eggs will the female produce? came from an olive egg. father is a Wyandotte. will they still produce olive eggs??

Thinking boy (front) and girl (perched in back)

I have seven pullets hatched on jan.2 this year. they are marans hen x ameracuana rooster.I am thinking about keeping these with a barred rock rooster.hoping all seven are olive eggers what would the opinions be for the offspring next generation?

I have seven pullets hatched on jan.2 this year. they are marans hen x ameracuana rooster.I am thinking about keeping these with a barred rock rooster.hoping all seven are olive eggers what would the opinions be for the offspring next generation?

My guess is the BR would possibly cause them to lay a lighter color olive egg, if they lay an olive egg. I have two olive eggers and the lady I got them from said none of the ones she kept laid olive eggs, from the same pairing.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom