The Olive-Egger thread!

Two of my OE chicks.

Pullet?

Cockerel? the little bit of white fluff on his butt is all he has for a tail right now.

These are Wheaten based birds, yes?

If so then they are both cockerels. Wheaten cockerels, no matter what breed, feather in much darker than the females.

This is a Wheaten OE pullet around the same age.

And when she was older.

I crossed my OE roo with a welsummer hen and got 3 chicks. One is darker and a boy, and two have pretty white heads with patchwork bodies, and look to be Pullets. One of them has black 'trim' and the other blue. No pea combs on the girls though, so I'll keep them til they lay. The roo will be dinner with the other non-keepers.

We're planning one flock with bcm roo x am hens and one flock with am roo x bcm hens. Then a 3rd flock with laying hens and my Oliver mixes to put in with different Roos for hatch tests. I'll probably keep my little barred Oliver roo since he's so nice. Dad was a blue copper marans x am with some silver birchen pattern over blue copper. Mom was a cuckoo marans. Sonny has green eyes, full beard, and pea comb.

I love the Olive-Eggers! I have hatched 4-5 "Types" of Olive Eggers, F1's and F2's this season. A truly unique cross indeed!

French Black Copper Marans x True Ameraucana
Welsummer x True Ameraucana
Cuckoo Marans/Ameraucana x Rumpless Auraucana

I'm setting some new Olive Eggers this weekend also!
Ameraucana/Welsummer x Lavender Orpington
Ameraucana/FBCM x Lavender Orpington

Has anyone tried Penedesenca Crosses?

^^ Some of my FBCMxAM (Olive Eggers)

Anyone want to guess what her heritage is? She was purchased from the back of a truck at TS on Animal Swap day and is supposedly an Olive Egger. She is 12-13 weeks old so she hasn't laid yet to prove it. She is part of a flock of 8 potential layers of 1 BO seen on the right, 2 SLW (one in background), 2 RIR, and 2 unknowns (they were purchased as CX but look like Columbian X).

I am up in Portland, Tn. and have some beautiful teen aged Olive Eggers (and Baby BCMs and Olive Eggers). I am running out of coop space if anyone is interested in a great deal on some (soon to be) layers or babies...

Here are my 3 olive eggers. I got them as chicks but forgot to ask the hatch date. These pictures were taken yesterday.

Any clue on age or sex?

Chick #1

Chick #2

Chick #3

First off - these are excellent photos! Secondly, these all look to be Wheaten in coloration, and would all be cockerels...

Back
Top Bottom