The Olive-Egger thread!

Darker green.

This is called Back to Parent 2, because the first generation was Cream Legbar Cockerel X Crele Penedesenca pullets. I am breeding back to the Penedesenca parent.

It is the B2 Generation.

I did not know this until recently.

They are very sweet little guys!

So F1 F2 etc is just each generation you work on them crossing them to get desired colors or traits, and B2 etc is crossing them back to their actual parent.

I never heard of that I will have to read up on that.

frow.gif
everyone. I'm reading this thread from the beginning and boy is it long but I'm learning a lot. I'm going to start hatching this Spring for my OE's. I can't wait. I'm crossing my FBCM roo to my Lavender Ameraucana hen. I was hoping to get a Lavender OE out of this first hatching but I guess that almost can't happen after I've read this thread.

I also have 2 FBCM's roosters that came from very dark eggs if anyone is interested in them, they are free. I have a friend that won't hatch anything less than an 8 and these guys were a part of that hatching.

Back to reading I go.

I was hoping to get a Lavender OE out of this first hatching but I guess that almost can't happen after I've read this thread.

You'll get all Black chicks, split to Lavender in your first generation. You'll need to breed the offspring together or breed one of her sons back to his mother to produce visibly Lavender babies. Good luck!

I'm back!
wee.gif

After figuring out that the two black X lavender Ameraucanas I bought as pullets are indeed cockerels, I kinda gave up for a minute. But now I have some F2 olive eggs on the way. They are Am/BCM crosses backcrossed to the BCM for these F2 eggs. I have black copper and blue copper pens here. Do people just keep crossing to the Marans with the OEs, or do you have to add the blue egg genes back in from time to time?

I plan to cross back to blue.

My F1s are BCM roo x Blue egg laying EE

My F2s are the above crossed back to a BCM roo

and I plan to take these F2s and cross them to my Cream Legbar roo to make F3s

Some pics of my olive egger juvies :)

I have 3 of these ladies who are believed to be Crested Cream Legbar x Blue Copper Marans pullets.

A Lavender Ameraucana x Blue Copper Marans pullet

These 3 are Crested Cream Legbar x Golden Laced Wyandotte pullets

I have a super cute little Lavender Ameraucana x Black Australorp pullet too but I don't have a pic of her apparently :) She has super puffy muffs and beard, LOL!

Some pics of my olive egger juvies
smile.png

I have 3 of these ladies who are believed to be Crested Cream Legbar x Blue Copper Marans pullets.

I have a super cute little Lavender Ameraucana x Black Australorp pullet too but I don't have a pic of her apparently
smile.png
She has super puffy muffs and beard, LOL!
Love your birds. Especially the one you are holding. I gave one to my friend that started out to look at though she was going to be a brown color..she turned into this very color of blue, with the brown around her neck. Very pretty colors. :)

Some pics of my olive egger juvies :)

I have a super cute little Lavender Ameraucana x Black Australorp pullet too but I don't have a pic of her apparently :) She has super puffy muffs and beard, LOL!
Beautiful birds! Should be a nice variety of egg colors! Are the wyandotte /legbar laying yet? I would love to know what color they produce!

smile.png

I have a super cute little Lavender Ameraucana x Black Australorp pullet too but I don't have a pic of her apparently
smile.png
All are beautiful but those Grey-Laced Gold Wybars are awesome!

smile.png

smile.png

They are growing up so lovely. I love the CL x GLW they are so pretty, they look sooooooo much like my CL x SLC. How do you like the personality on yours? Have they started laying yet? Mine are going on roughly 24-25weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom