The Olive-Egger thread!

Quote:
Technically gold waybars(silver waybars too) are based on eb/eb(brown) so Pure Wybars lack salmon breast.. but nice birds anyways, it would be cool if anybody would like to introduce the Salmon Breast to Wyandottes it would be an easy easy task, so far I have yet to see a wildtype based wyandotte

Last edited:
Quote:
Well I was more or less just blending the names. Since one parent was a Cream Legbar and the other a Wyandotte it just seemed like they should be Wybars.
idunno.gif

Quote:
yes there is a way and its rather easy.. you see this F1 cross are e+/eb, e+(wildtype salmon breast from CCL) eb(non salmon breast from wyandotte) and as you can see e+ is Dominant over eb as making e+/eb pullets keep their salmon breast... so how to go about bringing more wyandotte blood(body type, size, comb) while keeping the Salmon breast? thats easy.. cross any of the F1s cross back to Wyandotte(gold/silver laced) and select the pullets that have the salmon breast, this pullets will be e+/eb but only 50% of the pullets will have this salmon breast as the other 50% will be pure for eb/eb, and at this stage you can only use the pullets with salmon breast to cross back to Wyandotte, thats because the e+/eb males look identical to eb/eb males.... so keep the salmon breast females and keep breeding them back to GLW Easy.....

Quote:
no, the cream gene is recessive so all of the F1 pullets will not show it.. and if you cross it back to wyandotte then the cream gene will not express either and you dont have a way to see what birds is carrying it.

Last night I set 12 eggs under my broody australorp. I'm so excited!!

Nine eggs were from my EE'rs that already lay a light olive egg and three eggs were from one of my black coppers that is laying really big eggs for a pullet. All eggs weighed in over 65 grams. The hens were covered most likely by the EE/Welsummer cross roo, but could also have been bred by the Cuckoo Maran or the full Welsummer roo. I'm hoping out of this breeding to get some darker olive eggs and maybe another dark brown egg layer.

Last night I set 12 eggs under my broody australorp. I'm so excited!!

Nine eggs were from my EE'rs that already lay a light olive egg and three eggs were from one of my black coppers that is laying really big eggs for a pullet. All eggs weighed in over 65 grams. The hens were covered most likely by the EE/Welsummer cross roo, but could also have been bred by the Cuckoo Maran or the full Welsummer roo. I'm hoping out of this breeding to get some darker olive eggs and maybe another dark brown egg layer.
Very exciting!! I set on Monday…oh boy, gonna be a long winter.

Back
Top Bottom