The Olive-Egger thread!

i am doing a test hatch . about 3 weeks ago I took my black penedesenca out of the silver ameraucana pen and put the crele boy in.
I am hatching some penedesenca so I through some of the ameraucana eggs in too.
to see what hatches. ill wait another month to really start hatching the crele silver cross

Quote:
you will hatch sexlinks, gold crele pullets showing salmon breast and golden crele males(the gold will be replace by lemon/straw) the males will hatch chipmunk striped and have a silverish tone to them and the pullets will hatch chipmunk striped with a gold/brown tone to them, the males with hatch with a headspot, females dont

you will hatch sexlinks, gold crele pullets showing salmon breast and golden crele males(the gold will be replace by lemon/straw) the males will hatch chipmunk striped and have a silverish tone to them and the pullets will hatch chipmunk striped with a gold/brown tone to them, the males with hatch with a headspot, females dont
How long does it take to learn all this stuff regarding color genetics? How does one learn the patterns/shorthand to be able to use the calculator? When I look at it mostly my brain just hurts.

How long does it take to learn all this stuff regarding color genetics? How does one learn the patterns/shorthand to be able to use the calculator? When I look at it mostly my brain just hurts.
Thanks for your honesty and reading your question made me laugh. Not because I thought it a silly question but because I could relate to it. Wouldn't life be boring if we knew it all?

Quote:
First you would have to have a passion about it, the follow the genetic gurus around(most of them hang at the classroom at the coop forums, very few here) and read google, its your friend

I had a hen that laid a "mauve-colored" egg. She was a Welsummer. The egg itself was actually brown, but the blume on her egg that gave it a "plum-colored" appearance. I could never capture the color on camera. She was a hatchery chicken. I got lucky I guess.

Back
Top Bottom