The Olive-Egger thread!

Ok, who is good at feather sexing?? All are 4/5 days old OE's

They are all males

Don't scare me like that bamadude! LOL!! I figure I got a 50/50 chance of getting my guesses right!
1f61c.png
I would be happy getting one splash and one gray Pullet and find homes for the rest. My chicken math is way outta control!!

I recently posted about egg color and ear color, but was told no correlation with the EEs... So... It there any way of knowing prior to egg laying??? My 1 EE lays green, she's almost 1! The other 2 are 8 weeks old. The girls literally have the opposite coloring! Shellie is the Orange/red with black (green ears) and Lucy is more black with orange/red and has pinky brown ears. I cannot wait to see how their eggs turn out!!!

I recently posted about egg color and ear color, but was told no correlation with the EEs... So... It there any way of knowing prior to egg laying??? My 1 EE lays green, she's almost 1! The other 2 are 8 weeks old. The girls literally have the opposite coloring! Shellie is the Orange/red with black (green ears) and Lucy is more black with orange/red and has pinky brown ears. I cannot wait to see how their eggs turn out!!!
With blue egg shell layers that are based on Ameriaucana, araucana and etc.--with pea combs, there is an association with the pea comb and the blue egg shell gene. If the hen or cockerel/rooster has a pea comb there is a good chance they have the blue egg shell gene.

Do you have pictures of their combs? If so, post them here.

Back
Top Bottom