The Olive-Egger thread!

I have two week old olive egger from meyer, one that looks like yours, but without feathered legs, and one is darker, almost a charcoal color. I believe they are legbar crosses since they both have single combs. I would have loved ameraucana crosses since I love their fluffy faces, but maybe I will get one with a crest.

I'm thinking legbar cross, maybe with a darker maran (black of blue). I love the little mohawk crest on my blue one, she didn't get it until about week 3 and it wasn't very pronounced until now. I've found the roo and pullet are both very friendly and inquisitive in personality too. Add to that Olive eggs, and I'll really enough this mix.

Here are my olive egger pullets.

They are from an olive egger roo over a black copper marans, barred rock, and white leghorn. I should get a range of egg colors, no? It's hard to see but they all have tufts on their cheeks. After only having red sex-link hens these are very calm and personable.

I had an olive egger roo over white leghorns and I hatched a pullet, from them,that layed a nice olive tinted egg daily, looks just like your white one!
Here are my olive egger pullets. They are from an olive egger roo over a black copper marans, barred rock, and white leghorn. I should get a range of egg colors, no? It's hard to see but they all have tufts on their cheeks. After only having red sex-link hens these are very calm and personable.
t

I had an olive egger roo over white leghorns and I hatched a pullet, from them,that layed a nice olive tinted egg daily, looks just like your white one!
Cool! That is about what I expect, olive tinted eggs from that pullet someday. I'm hoping she is an excellent layer as well.

You can't see in that photo but she has random dark feathers or splotches. Here's a better shot of her showing some of the dark markings.

The black OExFBCM pullet reminds me of an eagle, well maybe a cheeky eagle.

Cool! That is about what I expect, olive tinted eggs from that pullet someday. I'm hoping she is an excellent layer as well. 

You can't see in that photo but she has random dark feathers or splotches. Here's a better shot of her showing some of the dark markings.

Here she is a pic with flash and one without

I am devastated... My OE was taken from me over the weekend by something that dug into my chick coop.... We are trying to trap whatever it was that did it, and I put concrete brings inside my coop so nothing else can commit another dinner. It's irritating I took so much effort into finding my OE to lose it a week later.
hit.gif

I am devastated... My OE was taken from me over the weekend by something that dug into my chick coop....  We are trying to trap whatever it was that did it, and I put concrete brings inside my coop so nothing else can commit another dinner.  It's irritating I took so much effort into finding my OE to lose it a week later.  :hit
I am so sorry, good luck

Back
Top Bottom