The one wolf that loves chickens

Hey all, I am gr4yw0lf from the greater Sacramento area and I am very excited to have found this little community! Here goes with the template:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
This will be my first adventure with chickens, however my partner raised them for quite a few years as a child so they are not new to our family as whole!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Right now we have 7, and I will list them in the next question!

(3) What breeds do you have?

Hazel - Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
Misty - Lavender Orpington
Chirpy - Golden Sex Link
Midnight - Some random last one my partner brought home that is adorable and black and grey.
Puffy - Brahma
Jade - Ameraucana
Cloud - Ameraucana

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Computers, tie dye, geeking out on nerdy stuff like trying to design a “smart coop” for no reason other than to do it lol

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My partner and our son, 2 indoor cats and now 7 little chicks that I’m already in love with

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I was searching for nerdy smart coop stuff and was led here by another users post regarding making a camera system for their coop.

The images are of them in their roaming area for the first time, and then in the coop nesting and being cute in the saw dust.

Right now I have temperature sensors that will alert me if they get too cold and I will bring them in. But we just hit the warmer months in my area and will probably only neeed a heat lamp for a bit longer. The heat lamp makes the coop look like some small house shaped UFO when looking from the back door lol. Picture of that another time.
Welcome. Pretty babies. If you send us another picture in a few weeks, the grass will be gone. :)

Back
Top Bottom