The Only Stupid Question is the Question Not Asked?

Sorry to hear a dog got into your chickens. Have had it happen here and it's never good. I don't believe revenge is a factor, however; as a former dog trainer I just don't think dogs are that smart. She'd have to know you're emotionally invested in your chickens and that killing or hurting them would upset you emotionally. That means she'd have to know that you HAVE emotions, and further, she'd have to know that she has the power to control your emotions. Dogs are about as smart as a 2-yo child, which is why they get run over crossing the street. This kind of emotional manipulation is beyond the comprehension of the average ten-year old and even many young teens. Dogs kill chickens because of their instinctive prey drive. And your missing chicken could well be in the dog's belly. I don't think you're stupid. I do think you're giving the dog more credit than she deserves. But like you said, if you don't ask, you don't learn. Better luck going forward!
Thank you again, for you kindness and understanding.

That's a purty birdy!

And .. you're welcome. It's what BYC is all about. If you hang out here very much, it won't be long before you'll be helping the newbies!

Back
Top Bottom