the painting stage (pics)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by cptbahama, Mar 8, 2011.

1. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller

Wow great job you are truely a craftsman. I really like your door closure. Here we have to bar our doors because the Wind will rip them right off the hinges. Lost my out house completely LOL... but thats another story... Not pretty.

WRT price cant help you there. What you have to determine is how much time you put into it and how much materials were then compare with what is out there already and try to draw a conclusion.

If you could do up a kit of partially assembled components and then offer up an assemble yourself option it would take the costs down by being cheaper to ship. for example I wanted a two wheeled road cart for my draft horse. They run around 3000 dollars and the closest place to get them was in Pennsylvania. Shipping alone would have cost me almost a thousand. I bought a two wheeled Road Cart from New Hampshire, same kind but it came in a kit broken down to components that would fit on a pallet. Saved half the cost of the vehicle and half the cost of shipping. And had the pleasure of building it myself.

good luck

2. Egg Rookie 2010

Egg Rookie 2010 Songster

Jun 21, 2010
    North Idaho
    TWO THUMBS UP!!! I love the design and the color is so fun!

3. Frankenshine

Frankenshine In the Brooder

Feb 6, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    Bravo!! Love it! Is there such a thing as coop-envy? [​IMG]

4. cparian

cparian Songster

Nov 5, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    One issue I have with the coop is in one of the pictures there is a bottle of what looks like beer. The issue is, if your going to partake in spirits you must invite at least one BYC friend over to join you.

5. mjweav

mjweav In the Brooder

Mar 8, 2011
    Very Nice! You are talented

6. BigCuz051

BigCuz051 Hatching

Feb 24, 2011
    Very nice...

7. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Super job! [​IMG]

8. peeps7

peeps7 Songster

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    So uhh...*puts hands behind back and kicks a rock* do you think you could come and build me another chicken coop? [​IMG] Like I need another one, hehe. This looks awesome cbtbahama!!! [​IMG]

9. bird_is_the_word

bird_is_the_word In the Brooder

Jan 13, 2011
    In the hills of WNC
    that's a really great coop! nice work [​IMG]

10. Very Very Nice! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: