The peeps are here!!!! My first batch of chicks!!!!

They're so cute!!! You know what they say about adoption? No sooner do you adopt but find out you have your own. I hope your hatching works out that would be sooooo cool!

keljonma, great suggestion, I may need it...
sad.png

foghorn, you were right! It was on one of the sides behind the styrofoam, thank you!

Now I'm going to post over in emergencies, cuz the little BR that seemed lethargic yesterday can't walk :|

Last edited:
Quote:
I just can't believe it! One of the surrogate eggs Millie is sitting on HATCHED!!!
Looks like a chipmunk so must be an Araucana. I would have missed it completely when I took Millie her treats (cheerios, broccoli, cockatiel food - sort of a breakfast in bed for her), but she unexpectedly stood up and there there the peep was!
Must have hatched yesterday afternoon.

My gahst is flabbered, and now I'm trying to figure out how to move her 'downstairs' to the ground floor of the coop so the peep doesn't fall out of the nest when it starts to meander. Plus it's sure to need water soon and food, and why have I forgotten everything I have been reading to get ready for this????
I should probably leave her out in the coop with the heat lamp on instead of bringing her and baby peep into the house, no?
THe other peeps are doing well in the house in their brooder, and eventually I will join everyone together....but
Sorry...new mother jitters here...thought I was over it with the adopted chicks

Chicken Obsessed,
I see that you are in Shepherdstown, WV, I am in Martinsburg, I am wondering what kind of chickens you raise. Also do you have any available now? I really need a either a Sexlink Rooster or a Rhode Island Red rooster. I am also considering getting some more hens, but have not yet decided.
big_smile.png

Hi neighbor!!!
I don't have any roosters, since I didn't want my neighbors to object to my having chickens!
So I've got 18 hens (17 different varieties!). I just have them for the eggs, so I'm not much help in getting fertilized eggs for you.
I have a friend in Kearneysville who has a farm and has roosters. I think she has Rhode Island Reds. Would you like for me to ask her?
What kind of hens do you have?

Ive got a couple of Rhode Island Red hens and a Sexlink hen & I am looking to expand my flock. I may get some new hens, but what really like to get some out of these girls seeing as these few in particular are very hardy and friendly. I am also thinking of getting some Cochins. But, anywho in the mean time I am mostly looking for Rhode Island red hens and and maybe a roo and some Sexlink hens and a roo. So yes, if you could ask your friend that'd be real great!

Back
Top Bottom