The Pig Nextdoor...

Quote:
You're half right, it's a "cold climate" thing, not related to breeds. Tina has long hair right now that she grew for the winter, when spring/summer rolls around, she will shed most of it out. Pigs kept in controlled temps or in warm climates don't grow a hair coat.

Quote:
My son had an ugly experience with a pig in the service too. The pig wasn't attacking, and I'm sure it was a bad experience for him too. DS and his fellow Marines were climbing a steep hillside during an exercise. Up in the distance they could see what looked like large falling rocks. There was no place to go and no place to take cover. They were going to have to dodge them. As the "rocks" got closer they realized that they were actually wild pigs falling down the steep slope. Everybody tried to get out of the way. A smaller pig hit a ledge, went airborn and landed on DS. DS said that the pig just got up and looked at him like he was saying, "thanks for breaking my fall." That pig trotted off down the hill while the others rolled by at warp speed. DS was bruised and had the wind knocked out of him, but he was OK. He then had to endure the harrassment for a while from his platoon about watching out for falling pigs.

I'm sure it took your son a long time to live that one "down"! lol

Suzy

lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom