The Pita Pinta Asturiana

When I tried cream legbars, it took several hatches of shipped eggs to get a trio. Of course he was very loud and I was busted by AC!
They and Silveruuds are obnoxiously loud. Hens lay quite a few eggs but the roosters had to go. Even here where I’m allowed to have roosters. I couldn’t take the racket.
When I got my Dark Cornish eggs I got one rooster and 5 hens. About the time they matured he died. Found him upside down one Christmas morning. Guess it’s a breed trait getting off balance and, not being able to get back up they die.

They and Silveruuds are obnoxiously loud. Hens lay quite a few eggs but the roosters had to go. Even here where I’m allowed to have roosters. I couldn’t take the racket.
When I got my Dark Cornish eggs I got one rooster and 5 hens. About the time they matured he died. Found him upside down one Christmas morning. Guess it’s a breed trait getting off balance and, not being able to get back up they die.
I gave him to a person in San Jose that lived near a canyon. Apparently he was the loudest they ever had and could be heard across the canyon!

I’m part of the April Hatch a long. My eggs will hatch 3 days after Easter, so that’s why I didn’t join. But maybe I’ll head over there too because the regular April hatch a long is pretty quiet, I’m assuming because the party is over at the Easter one!

I’ve been watching the auctions for months. They usually get in the $70 range plus shipping. I lucked out, and won one for only $28 and $15 for shipping. I guess patients pays off sometimes!
How are the eggs doing? Must be really close now.

Seems these guys are changing daily.
50# of feed 50 days 7 chicks.
973E8F36-0D6C-4B00-9997-5D15E3ECA639.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom