The Pita Pinta Asturiana

I ordered a dozen eggs from Sunbird. Eight hatched yesterday, right on time!
Had two unfertilized (never developed at all) and two that didn't hatch. I was very happy as I heard horror stories about shipped eggs!

I sure hope I end up with more pullets than some of you 😜
They look good!

Are you going to breed them?

I ordered a dozen eggs from Sunbird. Eight hatched yesterday, right on time!
Had two unfertilized (never developed at all) and two that didn't hatch. I was very happy as I heard horror stories about shipped eggs!

I sure hope I end up with more pullets than some of you 😜
I was amazed at the great hatch I had with my eggs from Sunbird. They came all the way across the country from CA to DE and I had 10 of 16 hatch.

I was amazed at the great hatch I had with my eggs from Sunbird. They came all the way across the country from CA to DE and I had 10 of 16 hatch.
The first one I hatched traveled from Spain in a persons luggage to California! and they hatched very well with plenty of pullets and cockerels.

Penedesenca and Basque hens did not do as well. None of the Penedesenca eggs hatched.

Yes I will. Speaking of breeding them - I'll undoubtedly end up with roosters. Is it ok if one of them bred back to a related hen? What's the rule on that?
In breeding is fine!

You can bring in eggs from a partner that is working on getting them to standard about every three to four years.

Line Breeding Chart.jpg

This is a line breeding chart.

Back
Top Bottom