The Pita Pinta Asturiana

This will be my first time with a Pita Pinta Rooster. I have read through this entire thread and it seems more people had well behaved roosters, but there were a few mentions of aggression from a couple. I tend to think it might be individual, but I haven’t owned too many. I had a Dominique that was great and never once was aggressive and then I had an Easter egger that was aggressive from a young age.

I have my fingers crossed that I manage to get a couple of good ones from this bunch.
So far none of the roosters have even tried to come after me.

Since I didn’t mark them I’m not sure how it worked out. There were 2 hens 5 roosters. Two white ones. I’ll need to hatch some more and tag them. It’s not know to be a sexlinked breed
I had to google your last sentence, I'm still learning 😊

Can I see a picture of your eggs? I'm hoping the PP eggs (when they begin laying), will be different so I can tell them apart. I have EE, Australorpes, Silver and Red Laced Wyandottes, RIR, Black Sexlinks.

I sold off 2 pairs of my pita chicks. I kept 4 pullets and 2 cockerels for myself. The chick with the black on its beak went to a new home tonight. I got these 2 photos right before they took her. I decided not to keep her because that color beak is not in the standard. I am still not sure how only the top part of her beak is black?

41B2DAC1-B6E9-4A88-9334-09205AD6B056.jpeg

AFEFF5CA-1730-4B1B-B2F5-E4EFE2A57FC2.jpeg

I had to google your last sentence, I'm still learning 😊

Can I see a picture of your eggs? I'm hoping the PP eggs (when they begin laying), will be different so I can tell them apart. I have EE, Australorpes, Silver and Red Laced Wyandottes, RIR, Black Sexlinks.
Here’s a picture of their eggs. Lower left hand side
042B68B4-4504-4820-86BB-F7BB3E5C11DC.jpeg

Still haven’t gotten one pita pinta girl 😖 have sold 4 pita boys and have another 3-4 in growout pens. I have bought eggs from 4 different people and they are in the incubator. But I was hoping to be starting breeding my own by this time 😭 this one to the right I’m thinking is a girl. Hoping!

Attachments

• 59907880-91FF-4B13-8C0F-1D9FA856E029.jpeg
    59907880-91FF-4B13-8C0F-1D9FA856E029.jpeg
    584.7 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom