The Pita Pinta Asturiana

I have 4 pullets left from the 10 chicks I hatched on March 22. I had kept 2 cockerels also, but my new neighbors that live behind us complained about the crowing. They installed a pool and have bright lights and music going many weekend nights, which disturbs the peace and so the cockerels were simply reacting to the environment.
I did not want to have issues with them so I decided to find them another home. I am sad about that, but I really like these girls.

View attachment 2725653
View attachment 2725654
They look great!

I am sorry you had to give up the boys.

They look great!

I am sorry you had to give up the boys.
Me too. I just didn’t want to risk it. There are many in my little country neighborhood that have chickens and I didn’t want to draw unwanted attention. We are allowed to keep hens but no one seems to know for sure how many?? I will just be content with my girls until maybe someday we make a move.

I have 4 pullets left from the 10 chicks I hatched on March 22. I had kept 2 cockerels also, but my new neighbors that live behind us complained about the crowing. They installed a pool and have bright lights and music going many weekend nights, which disturbs the peace and so the cockerels were simply reacting to the environment.
I did not want to have issues with them so I decided to find them another home. I am sad about that, but I really like these girls.

View attachment 2725653
View attachment 2725654
They are beautiful! Sorry you didn't get to keep your roosters, were you hoping to breed?

1624245516375.png

My girls are almost seven weeks. I have to look back at your pictures, but I think yours had red combs showing by then? I think I have all pullets, combs are yellow, no pink or red showing. Could I really be that lucky? I wanted a rooster or two, so now I'll have to get some more eggs to hatch, lol.

We had some hot weather last week and I lost one of my girls. One evening she was puffy and not moving around much. We brought her into the house and I nursed her for two days but she failed to improve. I'm attributing it to the heat, but really can't say for sure. The other Pita girls and our hens were fine.

Down to six now. I tried to order another dozen eggs but they are on backorder, so messaged Sunfire Farms to see how long it will be.

Anyone else with PP's in California?

We had some hot weather last week and I lost one of my girls. One evening she was puffy and not moving around much. We brought her into the house and I nursed her for two days but she failed to improve. I'm attributing it to tem

Down to six now. I tried to order another dozen eggs but they are on backorder, so messaged Sunfire Farms to see how long it will be.

Anyone else with PP's in California?
It is hard to say! How old was She?

I hope you find more eggs to hatch! It gets harder as we move through summer to find them.

Back
Top Bottom