The Plymouth Rock Breeders thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple pictures of my Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock chicks, first picture is the 19 chicks out of my April & May hatched chicks. The second is the 10 chicks out of my June hatched chicks. Out of the 41 Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock eggs I put in the incubator a couple weeks ago 32 is still developing as of yesterday. I hope to get at least 21 chicks out of this hatch as that would put me at 50 Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock chicks to grow out this year. :)

Last edited:
Had a really special day. Jim Fegan, APA/ABA judge and long time exhibitor, stopped by our place today to hang out awhile. Just two old bird guys swapping stories and spending time in the chicken barn. Jim handled a awful lot of the birds and we had a ball. Just one of those things. Sometimes it is just nice to talk birds with someone in the same, familiar, "old timer" language. We had a grand time.

And no, we hadn't agreed upon a common dress code, that's just the way it worked out. LOL

A few very, very good birds left the farm today in Jim Fegan's care. Good luck with them, Jim and stay well.

Great photo, Fred! I would have liked to have been a fly on that wall. Nice to have a second pair of eyes & hands go over the flock. Any new insights or affirmations? Bet he'll be happy with his new birds.
thumbsup.gif

Great photo, Fred! I would have liked to have been a fly on that wall. Nice to have a second pair of eyes & hands go over the flock. Any new insights or affirmations? Bet he'll be happy with his new birds.
thumbsup.gif
fly on the wall, not me with all those chickens around

One of the cockerels hatched from this years breedings by hatching eggs I sold. She got one cockerel, and all the rest were pullets (something like 6 pullets).ETA: 12 weeks here

My cock Jagger has proven to give some very nice young birds this year. They are feathering out better than last years hatches.

Here is one I am holding back. I have sold pretty much everything else I know, I know... I should be keeping them and only selling them after I choose my own, but it brings me joy to see other people with real Barred Plymouth Rocks :)

This one below is only 6 weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom