The proper way to teach a child to care for a chick!

AhBee01

Songster
12 Years
Nov 7, 2007
yo. ohio
My soon to be six yr old son recieved this chick from his teacher at school. He has informed me that it was born today, and that this is the egg it came out of!

His chick with egg right after being born!

DSCN2416-2.jpg

This is the chick in it's basket/brooder!

DSCN2420.jpg

So you see, you train them with the plastic chick so they can't pet it to death!
Maybe the feed stores should sell these as starter chicks instead of real ones! LOL!!!
See how long it takes the kids to get board and nothing has to die!

I love how he uses his imagination he will act like this chick is real for about 3-4 days till he gets something new to play with!!!

Last edited:
That's great!

You are right, give those to children at Easter and see how long they can properly take care of it before bringing home the real thing.

I told my teenage boys sitting here with me about your son bringing home a chick and the egg... they were a little concerned about it until I turned the computer to show them pictures!

Very sweet. I'm actually glad we got our chicks a little larger *5 weeks. While I will get some wee ones another time, I've been watching my 4.5 year old and her friends and they can be a bit rough with their *love*. Not too rough, but Ii would be freaking if they were teeny tiny chicks.

Back
Top Bottom