The Quackers have arrived! šŸ˜»

I just use a plastic milk jug with a hole cut in the side with the water filled to the bottom edge of the hole. :) when it gets too gross I pitch it and give them a new one. Haha. And of course adjust as they grow because my goodness they grow fast! I find a rectangular hole thatā€™s wider than it is tall is better or they try to climb right on in there though. šŸ¤£
Beautiful babies and congratulations!
Iā€™m eagerly awaiting spring so I can order my new ducklings and will live vicariously through the rest of you til then. Haha.

For my second batch of ducklings, they were shockingly messy, worse than I remembered, and I was changing and stirring the bedding twice a day with them still soaking through. My larger concern was that they would run out of water since they splashed it all over hell and back. They were also drenched. So I got an extra larger painters tray and wrapped coated fine hardware cloth around it so they couldnā€™t knock it over.
524D45CE-5CB8-4045-9AA1-08CE04442DA0.jpeg

We've moved the babies into the shower area with a fresh "grass" rug. They've gotten bigger already, which is nuts. I heard that they grow super fast, but I wasn't expecting it to be this quick. The box was too small I think. One of our little girls has some fluff missing around her neck, from what I assume is some fighting with her sisters. With them in a larger area I hope to stop the bickering. It's so adorable when they run around in it!

Our weakest little one has also passed sadly. We named her Ophelia and today she'll be getting buried in an area near our garden, with a rock marker above her. Hopefully, It'll look pretty for her once we plant flowers this coming spring. She'll always be a part of our first brood.

We've moved the babies into the shower area with a fresh "grass" rug. They've gotten bigger already, which is nuts. I heard that they grow super fast, but I wasn't expecting it to be this quick. The box was too small I think. One of our little girls has some fluff missing around her neck, from what I assume is some fighting with her sisters. With them in a larger area I hope to stop the bickering. It's so adorable when they run around in it!

Our weakest little one has also passed sadly. We named her Ophelia and today she'll be getting buried in an area near our garden, with a rock marker above her. Hopefully, It'll look pretty for her once we plant flowers this coming spring. She'll always be a part of our first brood.

Sad, sad reality of it. Iā€™m so sorry for your loss.

Iā€™m so sorry you lost Ophelia :hugs She will love the flowers in Spring, what a lovely way to remember her:love

Iā€™m happy for you that the rest are doing well, great news. Iā€™m shocked as well at how fast they grow. My ducks are outside, I donā€™t have the option of brooding inside, and growing like little weeds also. I used a paint tray for a waterer too! Love that idea. I hope the rest of your crew continue to do well and the space helps. What did you name them?

Iā€™m so sorry you lost Ophelia :hugs She will love the flowers in Spring, what a lovely way to remember her:love

Iā€™m happy for you that the rest are doing well, great news. Iā€™m shocked as well at how fast they grow. My ducks are outside, I donā€™t have the option of brooding inside, and growing like little weeds also. I used a paint tray for a waterer too! Love that idea. I hope the rest of your crew continue to do well and the space helps. What did you name them?
Thank you. Iā€™m a bit envious of your outdoor brooding area, I miss my bathroom. šŸ˜¹ Well so far we havenā€™t decided on everyoneā€™s name. Itā€™s difficult to tell them apart, minus the two others that do have names. One is Lightning, sheā€™s our smallest little one, the same size Ophelia was so we watch her quite a bit, just in case but sheā€™s doing very well. Then we have one that we know, but still havenā€™t settled on a name for. My husband calls her Mouth. She is definitely the loudest and most talkative girl. She has the least amount of feathers also so the poor girl looks a bit silly at the moment, but she is easy to pick out of the crowd.

I love my ducks score than anything but once when I was raising only three I was having to clean out the brooder three times a day otherwise it was like getting maggots something that helps a little bit when theyā€™re really little is to put it on a brick or a pie pan it doesnā€™t work for very long thought

Back
Top Bottom