The quilt I made for my little sister and brother-in-law

ChevygirlBeth

Songster
11 Years
Aug 21, 2008
The Hills of Eastern Ohio
Well, you all helped me as I played with the lay out of this quilt forever ago. After 8 months, I finally completed it over the weekend. As usual, this is machine pieced and hand quilted. It is about 6 months late for their wedding present, but they just moved into their new home over the weekend, so I guess the timing was right!

IMG_6341_sm.jpg

A closer view of the center of the quilt.
IMG_6342_sm.jpg

Signature on the back.
IMG_6345_sm.jpg

The back.
IMG_6347_sm.jpg

I am really happy with how it turned out. I love how the colors all worked together. I think the triangles salvaged from the scraps of the star blocks are my favorite part of the quilt. This was definitely a challenge at times - this is the biggest quilt I've made and quilted so far.

Now I have a whole list of other projects to get back to - the wall hanging I started for my kitchen, our wedding quilt (going on 2 years since we got married and I still haven't gotten to making the quilt!!), and another baby quilt since my sister is expecting baby #2 in July!

Beth, that quilt is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! The colors are wonderful and you do marvelous hand quilting. Give yourself a big pat on the back!

Back
Top Bottom