The rat pack...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by taraann81, Mar 1, 2011.

1. taraann81

taraann81 Songster

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Here are some photos of our pet rats!

This is Bethany, Bethany is just a regular "fancy" rat
    [​IMG]

This is Rintu, Rintu is a siamese fancy rat.
    [​IMG]

This is Fay, Bethany and Fay are sisters.
    [​IMG]

This is Bonnie, Bonnie is a siamese Dumbo, I think this pic really depicts the dumbo's ear carriage, especially if you compare it to the photo of Rintu.
    [​IMG]

This is Luca, Luca is a siamese Dumbo. Luca is only 5 weeks old, I think he is going to be huge. He is just a bit smaller than Bethany and Fay who are 6 months old!
    [​IMG]

This is Chuch Norris, a siamese dumbo. He is a big rat! Its hard to actually see his size in photos.
    [​IMG]
    Here is Chuck Norris standing beside a beer bottle for scale, it still doesn't do his size justice.
    [​IMG]

This is Guru, he is a dumbo as well. He is almost 2 and is the wise old grandfatherly one, he is very large as well and is not very photogenic [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last but certainly not least my favorite rat in the world. Tibbles! Tibbles is a dumbo rex and has the sweetest temperment.
    [​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

The first one reminds me of the ratty we once had named Bubonic. [​IMG]

3. Tartannik

Tartannik Songster

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    [​IMG] your rats are gorgeous, and I am loving your rex rat, i had rex guinea pigs, didnt' realise you could get rats too!!
    Thanks for sharing!

4. taraann81

taraann81 Songster

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Quote:lol, thats funny name. Did you shorten it too Boob?

One of my first rat over 15 years ago, was named Snitch.....why? Because she's a rat [​IMG]

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:lol, thats funny name. Did you shorten it too Boob?

One of my first rat over 15 years ago, was named Snitch.....why? Because she's a rat [​IMG]

My daughter named him. His brother was Scooter. They were just plain ol' rats, saved from the snake food tank.

6. Mak

Mak Songster

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    My youngest had rats. All were just plain old fancy rats. My favorite was Pickles, a small gray cutie. She called me when she got her and asked: "Do you think Pickles is a dumb name for a rat?" I of course, said: "Not at all!" LOL

Love the dumbos! Gotta love those ears!

7. taraann81

taraann81 Songster

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Quote:Thanks! I love the rex too! His little fuzzy face is SO cute!

8. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    AWWWWWW! I miss my brats [​IMG] Best pets ive ever had next to ducks [​IMG] I LOVE your bunch!

9. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Songster

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    I used to raise rats. I miss them. Never seen any dumbo's. Wish I would have had a few of those. Bonnie is sooo cute. [​IMG] I love all of them though. They make such great pets for kids as well as adults. [​IMG]

10. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Songster

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    I so miss my ratty girls! I am trying to convince one of the owners to return my favorite girl back to me lol

I have been trying for a year to find some older neutered male rats in rescue near by but alas its not meant to be I guess

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: